Please help with question

captlucky13

In june or july of 2009 i took the catanary lineman exam in new york on madison ave i found out months later i passed and was on for the background check. Then HR said they would get back to me when there is further information. I am from CT, i was wondering how you guys know these exam numbers. All i know is i got an email saying i passed i dont remember ever seing a number for exam or list number how did you guys find this number

How can i find out anything i wanna thank everyone for responding

In june or july of 2009 i took the catanary lineman exam in new york on madison ave i found out months later i passed and was on for the background check. Then HR said they would get back to me when there is further information. I am from CT, i was wondering how you guys know these exam numbers. All i know is i got an email saying i passed i dont remember ever seing a number for exam or list number how did you guys find this number

How can i find out anything i wanna thank everyone for responding

If you're referring to a catenary lineman position with MNR, I'll speak to a friend who's been working as one with that agency for over two years now. However, he did tell me that hiring is slow, and not a whole lot of new apprentices have started since he did. If that's what you're referring to, you would need to contact HR at MNR, not DCAS, as it's not an NYC civil service title. The exam numbers and lists that people here have been referring to are for NYC civil service titles. MNR is entirely separate. You should call the HR department at MNR and hear what they have to tell you.

Good luck.

To add to what Rutgers said, if the test you took was for Metro North, you will not get a test number or list number as there is none. Test scores are not given out. You only get a pass or fail. Even though Metro North is a state agency, it is not civil service at all.

Metro North does not generate lists in the sense that Transit does. If you did good on the test but have a less than favorable background check, you will not get called.

When I went for the initial test session with Metro North the HR rep described it like this. "You may hear from us in six months, you may hear back in two years". If you background check came back favorable, you will not hear anything until they are ready to fill vacancies. At that time you will be invited for an interview.

You can try calling human resources to find a status but they will not likely be able to tell you anything. They will only interview when they are told to fill vacancies. If they are not told to fill vacancies, human resources won't know much more than you do.

Good luck. You only took the test last summer so don't give up. The whole hiring process is a waiting game.

• 3 years later...

Archived