Orion 5'S With Corded "Pull To Request Stop"

Q85Rosedale

I was on 6123 Today on the Q44 & I noticed that it was upgraded from the push to request stop to the pull cord now.

Here's an attached picture:

P.S. I do remember the MTA Saying they would be upgrading ALL of it's fleet to the cords as it was cheaper to operate.

photo3.jpg

I was on 6123 Today on the Q44 & I noticed that it was upgraded from the push to request stop to the pull cord now.

Here's an attached picture:

P.S. I do remember the MTA Saying they would be upgrading ALL of it's fleet to the cords as it was cheaper to operate.

photo3.jpg

It doesn`t look as bad as I once thought.:P

• 2 weeks later...
Rode another Orion V (With the SI Map) on the Q44 W/ the cords today.

Bus #6136

You rode a bus transferred from Castleton. NGs are being sent to Castleton, pushing the Orion 5s to Casey Stengel, pushing the older Orion 5s to scrap.

Guest Charles

IIRC most of the Orion Vs that have the pull cords are from Staten Island. I was on 6143 on the Q13 and 663 on the Q31 yesterday, 6143 had the cords while 663 did not.

IIRC most of the Orion Vs that have the pull cords are from Staten Island. I was on 6143 on the Q13 and 663 on the Q31 yesterday, 6143 had the cords while 663 did not.

The 61's have them I've noticed, the MTA employees @ casey Stengal seem to refuse to change the maps from The Staten Island to the Queens bus maps.

The 61's have them I've noticed, the MTA employees @ casey Stengal seem to refuse to change the maps from The Staten Island to the Queens bus maps.

4450 still had a Brooklyn Bus Map for a while after it was sent back to Jamaica Depot, I bet it still does even though its at Castleton now.

I've noticed the pull cords on the Q44, the first time I was lost for a minute because I didn't see the tape then I see the cord staring me in my face, I almost missed my stop.

Archived