Downtown Brooklyn: NOT an up and coming area

BJC

what an ass. this guy is completely racist. who cares what neighborhood it is.

I'm a Puerto Rican living in the Flatbush community for over 20 years. My mom and I are the only Hispanic people living in this building while other people in the building are mostly from the Caribbean, Jamaica, Barbados, etc. We are not afraid, nor will we ever be. We get along with everybody, and believe it or not, when my mom and i moved over here, the people in this building loved us to death, and until this day, they still do, as well as us loving them. We get along perfectly fine. We always look out for each other and we never choose favorites over here. I love that.

No where you go is perfect. There's absolutely no perfect place to live in. So if he wanna go around and say that the area is bad due to "black people", he should be punished for even saying that. i don't think that's right at all.

Bottom Line: He is RACIST!

I agree,this guy must be referring to the new high rise Co-ops being constructor along Myrtie av across from the project....

The guy is definately prejudiced/racist no doubt but that area really is a shit hole.. You couldnt pay me to move there and live that poor quality of life that is going on there.

Walk around Fort Green you will see decent amount of white people...it's not a poor area.

There's white people living in the back of red hook now.Many years ago they weren't think about living there!

Walk around Fort Green you will see decent amount of white people...it's not a poor area.

There's white people living in the back of red hook now.Many years ago they weren't think about living there!

What does Fort Green have to do with it, this guy wrote about Downtown Brooklyn.

I agree,this guy must be referring to the new high rise Co-ops being constructor along Myrtie av across from the project....

While Fort Greene is close enough to Downtown Brooklyn proper, it is a distinct neighbourhood. It's similar to the relationship between FiDi and TriBeCa.

I'm in red hook often and van brunt street is awsome.

Yea,Red Hook came a long way when I was a resident there.Red Hook gotten better when they gotten ikea and the cruise terminal.

What does Fort Green have to do with it, this guy wrote about Downtown Brooklyn.

Since he was talking about the projects,the only projects that is close to Down Town Brooklyn are the Fort Green projects....Besides Downtown Brooklyn isn't like the Bronx this guy really get out more.

Archived