Suffolk Transit Orion VII NG/3G's

I don't know if we have any members online who know much about Suffolk Transit, or even head out that way. But if we do, they will be taking delivery of 81 O7 3G Diesels. I think the O7 Diesels look so much better than the hybrids, and CNG's because they have a streamlined roof. Anyway, I plan on getting out to Suffolk to check them out when they arrive.

i dont know why the hybrid ones have the two tanks on the top for...

the CNG doesnt look that bad lol

The one towards the front is the battery compartment, and the one in the rear is the newer Thermo King HVAC unit. The CNG's have the HVAC housed in the rear like the RTS.

I see some from time to time when I'm driving, and those things look cool but weird and ugly. But since I know nothing about buses, the new ones are they hybrids? Or are hybrids different than the new ones?

I see some from time to time when I'm driving, and those things look cool but weird and ugly. But since I know nothing about buses, the new ones are they hybrids? Or are hybrids different than the new ones?

The buses you are seeing are Gillig BRT's. They are kind of ugly. The Orions have not come in yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Production of Suffolk Transit's 40 foot Orion VIIs has commenced at the Mississauga plant. These units will be EPA07 (2nd gen) while the 30 and 35 footers are to be built as EPA10 (3rd gen).

Photos are by Jan Boic.

4766495800_b0b9ce75ac_b.jpg

4766492716_e25b875386_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been told by a friend that he saw a Orion VII at Suffolk Bus Corps Bay Shore Depot, a few weeks ago, he didn't see a number but thought the bus could have been 35 feet.

It also seems that the 40 foot buses will be numbered 1001-1015, based on there are suppose to be 15 40 ft buses and someone who drove by the plant were a few buses were said that he saw 1002,1003,1005 and they were 40 ft buses.

• 2 weeks later...

One is a 40 ft Orion VII that is at Inter County Motor Coach. It is numbered 1001.

The other is a 35 ft Orion VII and is at Suffolk Bus Corp/Suffolk Transportation Service yard in Bay Shore. It is said to be numbered 1016.

So the 40 Orion VII's will be numbered 1001-1015, the 35 ft Orion VII 1016-106x. (not sure about the exact number of 35 ft Orion VII's ordered, i know its 50-something though)

1002,1003,1005 were seen at Orion's plant up state along with a few others, but the person wasn't able to see their numbers.

Archived