Greyhound is hiring

cosmo

Greyhound is ALWAYS hiring in NYC. There is a reason why....the extraboard is very tough.

You will be bounced all over the Northeast with them. Also they Montreal run has been extremely busy so that will be another place you will see alot. Big thing....if you can't get into Canada,they won't hire you...another reason why people leave.

jmazz...my company is looking for 2 drivers for our NYC division. Peter Pan-Bonanza runs to Providence,Hartford and Williamstown out of New York. Starting rate is $14.50 going to a top of 20.06 in 4 yrs,however they have been starting guys with experience with a 2nd or 3rd year rates. Bonanza is the only motorcoach company in the Northeast that pays overtime after 8.25hrs. Providence and Hartford runs start out of the garage in Secaucus and the Williamstown run starts at the PABT.

The jobs that are open:

NY-4 145p report in Secaucus..3pm NYC-Providence Express...8pm Providence-NYC Express. Sat/Sun off

NY-7 Vacation/Spare...Guaranteed 41.50hr pay even if you don't drive all week. Mon/Tue off if not covering a vacation.

If you or anybody else is interested PM...I'll get u in contact with the right people.

I heard Greyhound is hiring Drivers in New York. Just to put it out there for those looking for work.

I work for greyhound, just to give u a heads up, if you don't mind being away from your family and friends, this job is the perfect for you...these guys have you report to work and sit on protection and they'll send you right to montreal. destinations goin south are covered by southern drivers because thats how the contract allows it, so good luck...btw, canadian customs do fbi background checks so if you know u got something there, don't waiste your time

I just found out that "mainline" Peter Pan is also hiring for Secaucus also. They do runs to Hartford,Springfield,Boston,Philly,Baltimore and DC, plus loads of charter work as of late. Actually charter work will be picking up as Peter Pan has been very aggresive in regards to going after Academy's and CoachUSAs work.

Their contract is not as good IMO,but Secaucus is a good division to work out of. Very good group of drivers.

You can give them a call at 1800-237-8747 ext 1430. Jeanne Frazzetta in the PP Safety office can help you there.

• 1 month later...
I just found out that "mainline" Peter Pan is also hiring for Secaucus also. They do runs to Hartford,Springfield,Boston,Philly,Baltimore and DC, plus loads of charter work as of late. Actually charter work will be picking up as Peter Pan has been very aggresive in regards to going after Academy's and CoachUSAs work.

Their contract is not as good IMO,but Secaucus is a good division to work out of. Very good group of drivers.

You can give them a call at 1800-237-8747 ext 1430. Jeanne Frazzetta in the PP Safety office can help you there.

Yes you are correct. Since PPB took the former charter manager of Coach USA on board, most of his contracts have come along with him, most notably the St. John's contract. Coach USA, as some of you may be aware has abandoned most of its charter work in favor of building the Megabus brand (it brings steadier work and more money).

Peter Pan has been very aggressive in its general charter work as well. They have focused on building the NYC Metro Area in particular because they have lost most of New England to Academy. In the past three months, most of the major contracts they carried in CT, RI and the Boston area have gone to Academy. They are gained some ground in getting the general work away from Academy, however the major contracts (sports teams, conventions, destination management entities) have been locked away for more than a decade now.

They have more classes going on upstairs than Bolt does downstairs. Ironic but true.

Archived