getting myself a new camera

Pablo M 201

This past month and a half or so, I've planning to get a new camera. I had a few cameras in mind, but the one that stand out most to me was the Panasonic FZ8 camera. And today, I went to visit J&R Music and Computer World and tested the camera out in the store, and I really liked it. 7.2 megapixels, 12X optical zoom. And at a pretty fair price of $299.99 at J&R, which comes out to about $325 after taxes (the store clerk I spoke to about the camera was nice enough to check that out for me). Heres the J&R page to the camera, http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4159999 . Has manual settings. Might be picking the beauty up tomorrow or friday, hoping for tomorrow! Only thing that will stop me from getting it is if I don't have enough money to get it now, which is very unlikely.

Go with Canon Pablo. The best cameras period.

I own:

Canon EOS 10D DSLR

Canon Powershot G5

Trying to get a Canon EOS 1D MkII... really close to getting it.

I would go with Canon, but I really don't have any cameras in mind.

And holy crap! I can't buy a camera like the EOS 1D MkII.

Look for a Canon 10D on Ebay they're cheap now. Only a couple of hundred dollars. You definitely want a DSLR and not a point and shoot. If you got the $$$.

Go here: http://www.dpreview.com before shopping for a camera.

I actually have read the review for the camera I want on dpreview.com and was very pleased I must say. Now, I would go for a DSLR, but I think a "like" DSLR is good enough for me!

You know what, I rent out my Canon EOS 10D almost every week. They guy who rents it off me wants to buy it. He's a close friend so I rent it to him for cheap. He shoots weddings with it. Would a DLSR be good enough for you, yeah I think so.

Archived