Incident at Steinway Street

Bracamonte

I was on an (M) train coming home from work. I was in the fourth car. As the train was approaching Steinway Street, the train stopped. The automated announcement said there was train traffic ahead. This always happens, but the train was stuck for more than 10 minutes. The conductor announced there was some kind of investigation going on. The train then started moving slowly then stopped, then started moving slowly again. This went on 3-4 times. Then, people from the rear cars started coming through the conductor's cab and to the front of the train. Then the conductor announced that those who wanted to get off at Steinway to move to the front of the train. Since I didn't want to be in the train any longer, I went all the way to the front and exited through the first door to the platform of the Steinway Street station. The front car was 1/4 into the station. In the station, there was an (R) train directly in front of the (M) train, a few inches apart from each other. I knew something happened on the (R) train. So I went to the Manhattan-bound platform, took another train, got off at Queens Plaza and got on a Jamaica-bound (E) train to Roosevelt Avenue. It sure was a crazy day for me. I am still not sure what exactly happened.

I love when trains are pulled in so close together. I remember when I was going home from school one day and it seemed that the Queens-Bound F and apparently 63St had a problem as the train in front of me was held at 34St, it was longer wait when you had, we were stuck in between 23 St and 34St for at least 20 minutes, of course this was during midday, so there was no rush really for them. Then finally we were told to go to the front and leave the train and its amazing how close the trains are with probably only a few feet from each other. At least you got out of the train quick, I was bored out of my mind during those 25 minutes.

Archived