Long Island Bus to be privatized

Milan

[Not having been on them]: If the ride feels about the same as the HEV versions, then I would like them. I do hope they reseat them. Thing is, are there enough seats?

The training is so minimal, it really wouldn't make a difference. The buses are essentially the same, with the NG's having a few minor upgrades. I would send 60 to CP, and the rest to WF.

But I agree that CP could in effect take all 100 of them. Then I would send 45 C40's to SC, and the rest to JG.

True, and if you mean the new order of buses, then I would agree about that.

[Not having been on them]: If the ride feels about the same as the HEV versions, then I would like them. I do hope they reseat them. Thing is, are there enough seats?

True, and if you mean the new order of buses, then I would agree about that.

Yep, I'm talking about the new C40's. And yes, the ride is pretty much the same with the exception of the acceleration.

Don't the old seats get recycled?

Sometimes they do, but new coaches come with brand new seats.

I wonder why #1700 was a seperate order from the other 99 buses. Did Orion get it right with that bus (unlike NYC's O7s, where they had to go back to the plant repeatedly) the first time?

If you've ever seen 1793, the numbering on the back of the bus is different compared to the others. There is no "MTA Long Island Bus" on the back of that, either.

I hate the back section of those things as well. Bus operators know people don't want to try to cram themselves in there. The seats aren't exactly well positioned, either...

Archived