Did Suffolk Transit Orion VII's failed inspection?

mac5689

According to a friend, who was on the S66 last Wednesday, he overheard a woman tell another man that a S66 driver (his name is being withheld) told her that Suffolk's new buses had failed inspection.

Has anyone heard anything about this, is it true or is this just something that got twisted around by the time the driver heard it?

Confidently my father told me a few months ago (back when Orion said they would like their workers to work three day workweeks) that he was told that the Drivers don't like the new buses.

I would have told that last part sooner, but i don't trust a word my father says.

the 15 40 foot Orion VII's are suppose to be 2010 EPA, the rest (the 35 and 30 foot buses) are suppose to be 2007 EPA or so i was told.

I know one 40 and one 35 foot bus are in Suffolk, the 40 foot one at Inter County and the 35 foot were seen at Suffolk Bus in Bay Shore.

But someone also told me they are at a County yard, which would meant they aren't at Inter County or Bay Shore and yet is proof that they are at the two bus depots. There are pictures at Inter County and two people seen the one at Suffolk Bus.

The last thing i think is false, but its the inspection part i have no clue.

and these are what 2009 or 2010 Orion VII's? maybe it has something to do with the EPA 2010 specifications.... or is that just in Canada ?

or like you said maybe it got mixed up, you should call around see if you can get answers

They are all 2010 models.

I saw the one at Suffolk Bus from the LIRR. Also from what I have been told the 40 footers will be EPA 2007 and the 30 and 35 footers will be EPA 2010.

Correct.

I saw the one at Suffolk Bus from the LIRR. Also from what I have been told the 40 footers will be EPA 2007 and the 30 and 35 footers will be EPA 2010.

oops, your right that the 40 foot buses will be 2007 EPA and the 35 foot and 30 foot buses will be EPA 2010.

Someone from Daimler told me that it is unlikely that any of the buses failed as an inspection as the order is still in production, if a bus failed inspection the production would gave been stopped.

oops, your right that the 40 foot buses will be 2007 EPA and the 35 foot and 30 foot buses will be EPA 2010.

Someone from Daimler told me that it is unlikely that any of the buses failed as an inspection as the order is still in production, if a bus failed inspection the production would gave been stopped.

Technically, it did "fail inspection." When 3800, 6365 (for example), and other buses first came to the city, they too failed inspection in a similar matter. This is common when brand new buses are delivered. Nothing major at all.

Technically, it did "fail inspection." When 3800, 6365 (for example), and other buses first came to the city, they too failed inspection in a similar matter. This is common when brand new buses are delivered. Nothing major at all.

I think either the driver or the person my friend over heard was wrong, though i'm not saying that there isn't a possibility that your right, because you could.

I'm going on hunches when basing my opinion, and the biggest on is that the driver works for Suffolk Bus Corp. Suffolk Bus had a 96xx Gillig, one of two series being replaced by the Orion VII's, fail DOT inspection earlier in the year due to an engine replacement and a crack somewhere on the A frame. (I wasn't told why the engine was replaced, there was nothing wrong with it as far as i was told) So i figure the driver was explaining about the 96xx failing and how the new ones will replace them but they are being held up because Orion is having their workers work 3 days a week now, and the person he was telling this to mixed up what he was talking to when tell the other person, or the driver misunderstood what was going on when he was told what was happening.

Now you could be right and they failed for what ever small reason, but i can't see that happening without anybody else finding out like the media, since these buses were planed for like three years ago. It was like around 2007/2008 that Suffolk announced that they were going to get new buses, though at the time the order was lower about enough to replace all the 96xx Gilligs.

But anyway, you could be right, but without any proof on what ever is going on, we will never know.

Now you could be right and they failed for what ever small reason, but i can't see that happening without anybody else finding out like the media, since these buses were planed for like three years ago. It was like around 2007/2008 that Suffolk announced that they were going to get new buses, though at the time the order was lower about enough to replace all the 96xx Gilligs.

But anyway, you could be right, but without any proof on what ever is going on, we will never know.

Buses fail initial "Audit Inspection" all the time. It's common, and has happened to every manufacturer that I know of. The media wouldn't hear about it at all because it is a minor issue. Nobody (other than MTA and Orion) knew 3800 failed the audit until I posted it. The newest series of 22XX MCI's failed as well. So did some RTS' back in the day.

Buses fail initial "Audit Inspection" all the time. It's common, and has happened to every manufacturer that I know of. The media wouldn't hear about it at all because it is a minor issue. Nobody (other than MTA and Orion) knew 3800 failed the audit until I posted it. The newest series of 22XX MCI's failed as well. So did some RTS' back in the day.

I meant if they failed because of a big reason about how the media didn't find out, i didn't mean if it was a small thing.

EBT Inc now has about six or seven Orion VII's numbered 1003-1007, the person who saw them didn't get a good look at all the numbers. He is sure though that there were seven and at least one was numbered 1007.

So Inter County has two 1001 and another one that i don't have a number to

Suffolk Bus Corp has one at its Bay Shore yard numbered 1016

And Now EBT has at least six of seven.

Archived