Exam 8080 car inspector

newjerseyguy

List number 302 score 75%, does anybody know how many passed the test, took the test, etc... 302 does not sound that promising. But a friend on the job said it wasn't bad ,you passed and are on the list.He also said that his boss said they laid off so many provisionals he thought they would be hiring off the list soon.

I am fortunate I have a job, but just turned 50... and better late then never I am trying to get at least a partial pension.

Thank You for any information you can share,

Mike

if you call dcas and press 3 and then follow the prompts they will tell you the information you need on all the exams you have taken, I think 302 is a good list number. That title has almost 2000 in it and people retire all the time, I was on a list for another title a year ago with 126 people on it and they are down to the llast two candidates.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are given at the same time, Since you passed the test they dont really give you an interview. They just review your paperwork, make sure you can speak english and give you a urine test. However they always call more people then they need. For instance if they need 5 people they will call 10 numbers down, They feel that some people wont show up, some wont pass the urine test and some wont have the proper paper work, Good luck if you get called. Transit jobs are good jobs no matter what you see or hear.

You most likely will not be called . For some reason a lot of the top scorers are Russian who can barely speak Englishand most have only job relevant to being a ci or rci back in russia. They are some of the laziest people I have worked with a lot of them barely speak English and the ta hires them . Car equipment is full of them . Not all but a lot of them are like I said . Ask your buddy he will tellyou

Does anyone know if there could be other reasons that people who are in the list (people who passed exam) could be dropped? Such as not done well in an interview, points on license or Medical?

Ci does not need a drivers lic only rci does

• 4 months later...

my drungtest was on a wednesday, after that they called me the next monday to go there on Thursday for the medical, and i started working on following monday........... So for me it took about 11 days in between (from the drung test to 1st day at work).............. BUT sometimes it can take up to 30 days...... if you dont hear anything within 2-3 weeks, i would give them a call.

Archived