Healthcare Issue

+Young+

Hi~

As most of the TA employees know, all MTA employees are switching their healthcare insurance from GHI/HIP to United Health Care.

My father is a retiree (long story short - 39 years at 207 St Overhaul Shop). Since he is over 65, he received his information already since his is something different. Me and my mother didn't. Is there anyone else out there who is retired and their wives and/or children received this yet?

Also, I am a senior in an undergraduate program and will be graduating (finally) in May. Do I still have to remain a full-time student in order to receive these benefits (which includes going to grad school full-time)? What happens if I go part-time?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My father is retired and him, my mother, and myself just got our Blue Cross Blue Shield cards in the mail today. He's under 65. Your father's policy is likely different than my father's since he is Medicare eligible and mine is not.

Under the new healthcare law, you get full benefits until your 26th birthday. You do NOT have to be a student.

Archived