Roosevelt Ave. - Jackson Heights

Aydin1

Just curious: This station began renovations about 5 years ago. The bus depot is completed, as is the retiling. Do they intend to ever finish the renovations? It seems like they stopped all work a year ago.

(E)(F)(V)(R)(7)

You think that's bad? The PATH station at WTC is a fricking mess and has been for 6 months, i'm starting to get quite annoyed at the lack of trash receptacles and seating here, as i do tend to spend time there waiting for my girlfriend. I mean i know they are dealing with a larger development/reconstruction project, but come on, one bench, one trash can, can't just tear them out and not put new ones in somewhere else while the temp station is still being utilized. Also, i forget which street this is on, but it seems they've been re-working a subway entrance for at least a year and a half. If i see it tomorrow i'll snap a photo of it. If (MTA) is famous for anything it's taking its sweet time to do -anything- especially stuff that is obvious & makes sense.

- Andy

You think that's bad? The PATH station at WTC is a fricking mess and has been for 6 months, i'm starting to get quite annoyed at the lack of trash receptacles and seating here, as i do tend to spend time there waiting for my girlfriend. I mean i know they are dealing with a larger development/reconstruction project, but come on, one bench, one trash can, can't just tear them out and not put new ones in somewhere else while the temp station is still being utilized. Also, i forget which street this is on, but it seems they've been re-working a subway entrance for at least a year and a half. If i see it tomorrow i'll snap a photo of it. If (MTA) is famous for anything it's taking its sweet time to do -anything- especially stuff that is obvious & makes sense.

- Andy

They almost will certainly not put in seats and/or trash bins due to bombs being able to be hidden there etc,although they might have a few hanging around,but I wouldn't expect any major amount of them to be put in place even when the station is done...

You mean they're not done?

Removal of the temp station just began recently. You have to go upstairs to street level and walk between west st and church st via vessy st which is closed to vehicular traffic. Used to be connected by an odd hallway to the (E).

- Andy

Removal of the temp station just began recently. You have to go upstairs to street level and walk between west st and church st via vessy st which is closed to vehicular traffic. Used to be connected by an odd hallway to the (E).

- Andy

IIRC, that hallway to the (E) was part of the old WTC station. There's a plaque in it.

Archived