Bentley, world's fastest sedan, just a dream away

Trainspotter

Bentley, world's fastest sedan, just a dream away

"Bentley!" It may seem the obvious answer to "What's your favorite car?" - a question I'm asked repeatedly. But it remains my consistent response even though I lack, last time I checked, sufficient coin to buy one for real. I don't like the brand just because all Bentley models cost a quarter of a million dollars and up when loaded. There are other top-of-the-line exotic wheels I like but do not love, and wouldn't buy even if I did suddenly come into money.

Bentley's my whip of choice because it's the ultimate in luxury, craft and pure pleasure. A week test-driving the Continental GT Speed, the fastest sedan on the planet, is right up there with the touch of a lover, the first taste of peanut butter and chocolate cake at a fine restaurant, or leaving your house without a coat for the first time in months as spring arrives. Granted, those things don't cost a quarter mil, but you get the idea.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - April 29, 2008

what's the point of making a car up to 200 MPH?

your never going to reach that high of a speed before you have to be stopped or slowed down by something (traffic light, car in front of you, etc)

unless if you live on a mountain 5000 miles away from your next door neighbor in my opinion its not worth it

what's the point of making a car up to 200 MPH?

your never going to reach that high of a speed before you have to be stopped or slowed down by something (traffic light, car in front of you, etc)

unless if you live on a mountain 5000 miles away from your next door neighbor in my opinion its not worth it

Drive it in Germany! The autobahn has no speed limits.

Archived