D4500Ns

BZGuy

Yeah, It just seems odd that they would only a couple of them,unless they are needed for a certain purpose,but I can't figure that one out.

The Lincoln Tunnel is okay for the 102s and I've taken Ds and Js though the Holland, which is tight but doable.

I really dont know the reason why they were ordered, but I heard that they were fire training buses up at the Oradell Garage, but dont know how true that was. The buses were orginally based up north and are now at the Washington Twp in the South.

Wash. Twp needed buses to meet service demands and those were extras laying around and they were sent down. Not to long after that the Ex-Academy D4000 #8850-8855 were sent down also.

those buses were ordered as part of a pilot program by NJT years back to test out the viability of natural gas and hybrid powered buses. apparently, NJT decided that the test did not yield favorable enough results to warrant a larger, more extensive order... iirc, i read somewhere on NJT's website that they are planning to quietly phase those buses out in a couple of years.

those buses were ordered as part of a pilot program by NJT years back to test out the viability of natural gas and hybrid powered buses. apparently, NJT decided that the test did not yield favorable enough results to warrant a larger, more extensive order... iirc, i read somewhere on NJT's website that they are planning to quietly phase those buses out in a couple of years.

There running strong in Wash.Twp. Might explain why drivers there say they drive horrible

There running strong in Wash.Twp. Might explain why drivers there say they drive horrible

IMO, the 40fts do handle a bit "odd" compared to the 45fters. Take away the wider stance of the 102s and I don't think they would be as stable as a normal D4500.

Archived