Buses you would like to see in NYC

NX Express

A little history for you about the TTC units

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/bus/8504.shtml

Thanks! That's some good info there!

It is NABIs fault for building a bus that they KNEW wasn't gonna hold up.Its no different than MCI letting Greyhound dictate to them to build the "G" model.

What's more important....sales or reputation? Both NABI and MCI took big hits on their reputation because of building cheap crap to satisfy customers.

The MCI thing was definitely MCI's fault. Remember Greyhound founded TMC/MCI, and the G-series should have been nothing more than a D-series with a new body. I dont know why the bus was so poorly made. IMO, MCI had become complacent, and didnt put any effort into the design at all.

I dont know too much about the NABI situation, but their buses have always been poorly made to me. They have gotten better as of late, and I do like the 45' low-floor.

The MCI thing was definitely MCI's fault. Remember Greyhound founded TMC/MCI, and the G-series should have been nothing more than a D-series with a new body. I don't know why the bus was so poorly made. IMO, MCI had become complacent, and didn't put any effort into the design at all.

I'll agree that MCI was to blame for the G-4500 because they refused to stand up to GLI and say enough is enough. GLI wanted J-model equipment at MC-12 prices and that can't work. But MCI was worried about losing that sale so they built a bus that will be remembered as the "Edsel" of a impressive line of buses. IMO, the loss of confidence in MCI plus the lawsuits between MCI and GLI pushed MCI into bankruptcy.

The "G" did a lot of damage to MCI and Greyhound that is only now being repaired.

I'll agree that MCI was to blame for the G-4500 because they refused to stand up to GLI and say enough is enough. GLI wanted J-model equipment at MC-12 prices and that can't work. But MCI was worried about losing that sale so they built a bus that will be remembered as the "Edsel" of a impressive line of buses. IMO, the loss of confidence in MCI plus the lawsuits between MCI and GLI pushed MCI into bankruptcy.

The "G" did a lot of damage to MCI and Greyhound that is only now being repaired.

I agree. That's exactly what I have been thinking!

Archived