1402 Delta-Stilwell

2 Train Master

Nobody has really answered the OP's question about discharging procedures, even if the answer is "sorry, can't tell you". The action of having a rush hour train fully discharge its passengers out of one car seems illogical to those on the "outside", is there a reason this was done?

Ok here it goes..

1.You got door problems in the station you can't overcome it you discharge the train(meaning people get off the train with the doors open stand on the platform and wait for the next one).

2.Sometimes people may have to walk through the end doors of the cars with help from a crew member.

3.Sometimes you may have to put a door panel in the station and the customers Do what i just said in Point Number two.

Sometimes you have to discharge for other reasons(train trouble ahead, fire smoke, water condition,signal trouble) the procedure is the same.

Ok now that wasnt too hard what other part you need to know? B)

Ok here it goes..

1.You got door problems in the station you can't overcome it you discharge the train(meaning people get off the train with the doors open stand on the platform and wait for the next one).

Ok thanks I appreciate it.No wonder why the C/R was ashamed he closed down the entire train.That was my point b\c the discharge was done wrong and backed up things.I remember after that on the (A) btwn 59th & 125th I saw about 5-6 trains (B)(C)(D) I was like damn.And a (D) pulled up on the local track so that would had made extra congestion on the local and if that were to cut in front of the (A) or even be diverged on the exp it would had backedup (A) service even more.Thanks I appreciate it and next time I won't post call letters online.And its not hard to get them anyways especially if the train you're on is at the terminal whether its the 15xx (B)ravo Bedford Park etc...(I made that up) in the morning I'm usually on the 07xx (A)pple 2-7 not sure which one b\c they run 2 Lefferts Backtoback in those intervals.

Ok thanks I appreciate it.No wonder why the C/R was ashamed he closed down the entire train.That was my point b\c the discharge was done wrong and backed up things.I remember after that on the (A) btwn 59th & 125th I saw about 5-6 trains (B)(C)(D) I was like damn.And a (D) pulled up on the local track so that would had made extra congestion on the local and if that were to cut in front of the (A) or even be diverged on the exp it would had backedup (A) service even more.Thanks I appreciate it and next time I won't post call letters online.And its not hard to get them anyways especially if the train you're on is at the terminal whether its the 15xx (B)ravo Bedford Park etc...(I made that up) in the morning I'm usually on the 07xx (A)pple 2-7 not sure which one b\c they run 2 Lefferts Backtoback in those intervals.

Remember this IMPORTANT thing now, sometimes customers take their time getting off the train or just dont want to get off the train.

Well there's nothing wrong with posting them, it's a question of your presentation of the problem and who you blame. Or don't blame anybody at all. I've made some posts about problems with the (D) train over the past week and have found out important information, including the fact that the problem in question has needed to be rectified for years and that most people agree with what I had to say. We also went over the economics of the operation as well as other technicalities and reasons why the (D) train and its passengers suffer right now while those on lines with a similar setup are better off (politics).

Blaming employees is not a great idea because it's the authority's cliche and it's not wise to adopt this incredible asset-covering, liability-fearing mentality of theirs when you don't have to. They scrutinize employees to cover their assets because the whole country is about liability. That's just how it is. If you're not a worker of the system (and on the inside) every day your opinion doesn't carry much weight and those who are in the system will lash out against you, for better or for worse.

Fair points, all.

However, I distinguish between complaining about a service disruption and seeking to understand it. I have no problem with someone who, following a delay, either wants to know more about what caused the delay or the necessary procedures that led to the resolution of the delay.

I just think it's a waste for people to, as you said, blame train crews when they don't know the facts and complain about things without knowing the facts.

Archived