NJ Transit Nabi On The 25

Mikan Wilhelm

well im sure yall were expecting pictures though sadly i never had my phone on me to take a picture i just have to say i really hate it when i don't take it with me then this happens

well other than that i saw 3 of them today

1.while i was on the 1 going to downtown i saw a Nabi going in the other direction where exactly? i have no idea though my guess is that it was on the 25 going to irvington or maplewood.I couldn't catch the number for that one

2.When i got off at broad and market st. crossing the street i happen to look to my right and i saw another Nabi #5406 and this one was on the 25 heading to 43rd st

3.And for the last one i saw was the 5421 on the 1 which i took from broad and market st. to go home.

and these are all Hilton Garage related of course thats why its only 3

im not sure why Hilton decided to use 2 i assume on the 25 or 1 and normally i would see just one on the 1 line that comes from them

so yeah i decided to share this information with yall im not sure if anyone has more info.

and out of those 3 i could of took a picture of the 5406 if i had the phone with me

Yikes.......You know, I will admit, I love the NABI's more than NOVA's and Flx (Except 3208...that's my baby for life....tear tear) yet at least a NOVA and a FLEX can fit the amount of people that is usually on that line, including standees. I'm now second guessing NJT getting those buses. The 25, the 70, and the 1 should be ran as articulated bus lines due to the amount of people on that line. I mean, no one likes to be squashed like that.....i dunno.

Yikes.......You know, I will admit, I love the NABI's more than NOVA's and Flx (Except 3208...that's my baby for life....tear tear) yet at least a NOVA and a FLEX can fit the amount of people that is usually on that line, including standees. I'm now second guessing NJT getting those buses. The 25, the 70, and the 1 should be ran as articulated bus lines due to the amount of people on that line. I mean, no one likes to be squashed like that.....i dunno.

yes i so agree they could really use those since most of the time im on the 1 its so damn full it annoys me to death when i try to get off haha :cool:

im not sure with the 70 though :eek: well i wasn't on that one enough to say much

those people at the hilton garage should make up there mind and use those buses or well some of them atleast on those lines during the hours you would expect the most people to get on it would help alot.

You never been on the 70? Lucky you. If you had to take it from Penn Station to get to Maplewood, prepare to feel like a Sardine in a can. It's that tight. They use articulated buses on the 70 on weekends but not on weekdays, which I think is weird. IMO: Hilton needs more Articulated buses for the 1, 25, and the 70. Instead of NJT wanting to buy CNG buses for Howell, which is MORE EXPENSIVE than diesel buses, they should buy at least 20 more articulated buses and put them at Hilton where it's greatly needed.

You never been on the 70? Lucky you. If you had to take it from Penn Station to get to Maplewood, prepare to feel like a Sardine in a can. It's that tight. They use articulated buses on the 70 on weekends but not on weekdays, which I think is weird. IMO: Hilton needs more Articulated buses for the 1, 25, and the 70. Instead of NJT wanting to buy CNG buses for Howell, which is MORE EXPENSIVE than diesel buses, they should buy at least 20 more articulated buses and put them at Hilton where it's greatly needed.

how frequent do you think the 70 should be?? should it get enhanced?? if so to what frequency???

You really cant enhance it. That area has 2 buses that practically works Springfield Avenue every 10 - 15 minutes. It's the amount of people that lives there which causes issues of crowding. Nothing anyone really can do about it. That's one of the reasons the GO25 was created to reduce the crowding since the Go bus has selective stops and nothing between. It works but unless they have a bus running every 5 minutes, which NJT wont since that's a waste of money since they want full (But uncrowded buses if possible) buses to make their money. They have to pay fuel, employees, residents back from accidents from other drivers since there are a few that make human mistakes, myself included one time, and other fees.

I actually have though all those times it was never really full like the one i was on like 3 days ago it wasn't as full and it was after 3pm i guess im lucky and i completely forgot about the weekends it doesn't make sense to me and your right they really do need it.

Archived