Just My Two Cents !

SIFirefighter

I was on a 2 hour bus trip yesterday.

I noticed ALOT of rediculious things while at the bus depot in White Plains, New York.

Beeline/Liberty Lines Supervisor cars looking like more like police cars, supervisors with police looking badges. CARS WITH SIRENS !!

NYC/MTA with RED LIGHTS in there vehicles !

Personally I'm outraged they are allowed to do that. My reasons are because these vehicles are mistaken for emergency vehicles, THERE IS NO NEED for sirens in a TRANSIT vehicle, NO EMERGENCY.

This is why OUR FIRE TRUCKS, our POLICE CARS, our AMBULANCES have RED/WHITE/BLUE lights & SIRENS, for EMERGENCIES ONLY.

Yesterday I witnessed a couple of supervisors trying to act like police officers and also play with the sirens of there vehicles.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT! :tdown::tdown::tdown: NOT AN EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDER !

Just My Two Cents As A NYC Firefighter.

True, but after 9/11 some things changed. If an MTA vehicle in involved in something serious, they can be used in cases of emergency. Then there is the MTA Police as well. Don't forget the TA is a government owned agency. Technically buses shouldn't have blue lights on the front of them, but they are allowed as they are government owned.

I was on a 2 hour bus trip yesterday.

I noticed ALOT of rediculious things while at the bus depot in White Plains, New York.

Beeline/Liberty Lines Supervisor cars looking like more like police cars, supervisors with police looking badges. CARS WITH SIRENS !!

NYC/MTA with RED LIGHTS in there vehicles !

Personally I'm outraged they are allowed to do that. My reasons are because these vehicles are mistaken for emergency vehicles, THERE IS NO NEED for sirens in a TRANSIT vehicle, NO EMERGENCY.

This is why OUR FIRE TRUCKS, our POLICE CARS, our AMBULANCES have RED/WHITE/BLUE lights & SIRENS, for EMERGENCIES ONLY.

Yesterday I witnessed a couple of supervisors trying to act like police officers and also play with the sirens of there vehicles.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT! :tdown::tdown::tdown: NOT AN EMERGENCY SERVICE PROVIDER !

Just My Two Cents As A NYC Firefighter.

you should pm me if you wanna chat about FDNY apparatus , as I love fire apparatus and the FDNY is one of my fav departments

Archived