Mets should admit to flaunting Johan Santana vs. Yanks in Subway Series

Trainspotter

Mets should admit to flaunting Johan Santana vs. Yanks in Subway Series

Here are the options for the Mets, when it comes to the immediate future of Johan Santana, franchise pitcher:

Option A: Keep him in rhythm on five days' rest, starting him Thursday in 70-degree weather against a division opponent and then have him ready to go again in six days.

Option B: Pitch Santana out of his normal rotation in wet, 50-degree weather tomorrow night against a team from another league, losing an extra day for his next start, and the start after that, and the one after that.

This isn't Sophie's choice. You would think there really isn't much of a decision at all, that Option A is the only option. Except that the opponents today at Shea are the softball girls from Washington, while the game tomorrow night is against the Yankees. And you have to think that the Mets - despite their great protestations to the contrary - are sticking it to the Steinbrenners, with a lefthanded changeup to the noggin.

Full story: nydailynews_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - May 15, 2008

Oh look, we lost today, gee i wonder why.

- Andy

Jose Reyes's Baserunning?

As for us, we lost because of continued EPIC FAIL at the plate...two runs or "points" or "goals" only gets you a win in soccer, not baseball or any other sports

Jose Reyes's Baserunning?

As for us, we lost because of continued EPIC FAIL at the plate...two runs or "points" or "goals" only gets you a win in soccer, not baseball or any other sports

Agreed. Who loses 1-0? East coast teams! :rolleyes: We'll win next time.

- Andy

Agreed. Who loses 1-0? East coast teams! B) We'll win next time.

- Andy

Wanna look even worse losing to a score of 10-0? I wouldn't want to. I wouldn't complain as much if the team I was playing on lost 1-0 because hell, thats a great game right there for the pitching.

Archived