Beta Release for my new NYCTA Signals

Hello all,

Finally---my new and improved NYC Subway signals are available in a beta release package. I have tested them out extensively, but I know that some things fall through the cracks every now and then.

Some things to note: the 1-shot and 2-shot GT signals do not work as in real life---for now. I included them for aesthetic purposes and realism, until I can figure out a script that will allow them to change based on triggers.

The overhead signals might be too high or too low depending on what stations you're using. I tested them with Jeff Morris' subway station package. If you're using Magicland's tunnels, please tell me if the overheads are too low/high. I'll fix them accordingly. :( In the final release, they will be fit to the subway station pack I'm working on!

Not ALL the signals are included in the package (combo GT/ST signals, or those scary looking nine-headed signals at Coney Island, nor the no top green homes found in Jamaica Yard). I will be taking requests if any of you want something added or removed from the package.

I will be adding a "Home Signal 5" which will be shorter in stature and used for the els.

Here's a complete list of the signals in the pack and their definitions (where needed) :

NYCTA Automatic Signal

NYCTA Automatic Signal 2 (no green lens)

NYCTA Automatic Signal 3 (shorter, for the els)

NYCTA Overhead Signal

NYCTA Overhead Signal 2 (no green lens)

NYCTA 1-shot GT

NYCTA 2-shot GT

NYCTA Station Time (ST) Signal

NYCTA Marker Signal

NYCTA Yard Signal (red-yellow-red)

NYCTA Dwarf Signal (yellow-red, interlocking only)

NYCTA Home Signal

NYCTA Home Signal 2 (For Right-Hand Diverges)

NYCTA Home Signal 3 (no bottom green--diverging only)

NYCTA Home Signal 4 (no bottom yellow--no diverge moves, i.e. trailing point switches)

Last but not least, all of my home signals have a call-on light at the bottom. Like Magicland's, there is an attachment point there, but it is not referenced in the 'signals' portion of the config file. However, it IS in the lights section. Simply add the last number in the lights section (6 in normal homes, 5 in the altered ones) to any part of the signals portion to have that light activated. (It might take some cloning--but maybe I'll create a different asset so you don't have to clone?? :))

signals {0 {	light					2,5}2 {	light					1,3}3 {	light					1,4}5 {	light					0,3}6 {	light					0,4}8 {	light					0,3}}lights {0 {	corona					"corona_green.tga"}1 {	corona					"corona_yellow.tga"}2 {	corona					"corona_red.tga"}3 {	corona					"corona_green.tga"}4 {	corona					"corona_yellow.tga"}5 {	corona					"corona_red.tga"}6 {	corona					"corona_yellow.tga"}}

Here's the link:

NYCTA Signals 2011

And I hope you all enjoy! This thread is for your thoughts, feedback, criticisms, suggestions---ANYTHING! ;)

-A :cool:

Oh, one last thing. They WILL appear shorter than Magicland's, because he made his signals very very tall. These are standard height, 8 feet or so for the normals, (els are 6 feet), and 9 1/2 for the home signals)

Yeah well my patching finished so.. I tried recommiting content

and this is what happened-

sigerrora.png

ALL of your signals @_@

Try deleting all of the signals, and re-downloading the .cdp file and re-committing. Like 2TrainMaster, all of my signals work fine in 2010.

If you continue to have problems, PM me and I'll help you out.

Try deleting all of the signals, and re-downloading the .cdp file and re-committing. Like 2TrainMaster, all of my signals work fine in 2010.

If you continue to have problems, PM me and I'll help you out.

No no I have TRS10, they work fine, that's from when I had installed 3 patches at a time yesterday.

Oh, alright. As long as they are working, that's good! Btw, an update for everyone: I spoke my friend last night and he said the one and two shot GT signals are working fine according to his scripts and triggers. I should have those ready by Monday or so. Also, I've gotten a request from the Auran forums about a dwarfed marker signal for the yards, which will be available later on today, in addition to a few more home signals for everyone ;)

Oh, alright. As long as they are working, that's good! Btw, an update for everyone: I spoke my friend last night and he said the one and two shot GT signals are working fine according to his scripts and triggers. I should have those ready by Monday or so. Also, I've gotten a request from the Auran forums about a dwarfed marker signal for the yards, which will be available later on today, in addition to a few more home signals for everyone ;)

Great, that signal will help alot. Also I haven't had much time to play around with the signals, what are the different home signals, a few look the same.

Great, that signal will help alot. Also I haven't had much time to play around with the signals, what are the different home signals, a few look the same.

Home Signal 1 & 2 look identical, except that in the config file, 1 is programmed for left-hand diverges, and 2 is programmed for right hand diverges. Placing either on the route doesn't matter until you drive your route, and notice that you might have the wrong indication for your interlocking route.

Home 3 is:

GREEN

AMBER

RED

YELLOW

RED

CALL-ON.

No bottom green lens--for diverging moves only (think of a pocket track, and the two branches that would lead to both mainline tracks). Both routes are a bottom-yellow. I believe the left-hand diverge might be a three-yellow, to distinguish the two. I'll have to check later on.

Home 4 is:

GREEN

AMBER

RED

GREEN

RED

CALL-ON

No bottom yellow lens--for trailing-point (reverse) moves through an interlocking, where the only logical route is straight, hence no need for a diverging indication.

Home Signals 5-8 (will be released tonight) will be the same as 1-4, but shorter for the els).

Any other questions or suggestions, please ask!

Sorry for the delay--I had a history paper to write last night, so I didn't work on the signals.

Just wanted to update everybody--after much thinking, I think the normal home signals will be fine for use on the els. It seems redundant to release four more identical signals when the originals will be fine.

Three more signals to add to your collection:

Home Signal 5 (no top green lens).

YELLOW/RED--GREEN/YELLOW/RED/CALL-ON. Most permissive speed is caution--these can be found in the Jamaica Yard. A right-hand diverge variant has been added as well!

Dwarf Marker Signal. Self explanatory ;)

Link:

NYCTA Signals Supplment

Enjoy!

Hey guys,

I was just doing a video for Rick44 of a (4) from Union Square to Brooklyn Bridge, and I noticed something odd about my Automatic Signal #2 (the ones with only a yellow and red lens). It seems that in the config I got the designations backwards. Light point 0 (yellow) is supposed to be on for the proceed indication, and when it's passed by a train, light point 1 is activated (red). In the config, the light points are referenced backwards. However, this can be fixed quickly.

Here's the old configuration:

signals{ 0 {   light                               0 } 4 {   light                               1 } 8 {   light                               1 }

Here's the fix, just switch the 0's and 1's:

signals{ 0 {   light                               [b]1[/b] } 4 {   light                               [b]0[/b] } 8 {   light                               [b]0[/b] }

I just caught it---so I hope it helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into a problem idk if its b\c I'm using Trainz 2010 but I did an computer test A.I train on my route and I placed 2 shot GT's(yellow (S)) and a 1 shot(illuminated white) and the A.I did good keeping the speed around 21mph in a 40mph zone but once it passed the last 2 shot GT it was a 1 shot and it went right by it didn't even change to yellow or green from red but the following signal was an automatic.

The 1-shot GT's are programmed to stay at red right now until I fix the issue with the timers. For now, they're just there for "show", and not realism--hence them being part of the beta package.

Ok I understand but I don't care for that but can you configure the 1 shot to change not upon the train speed but upon the previous signal clearing.

ex.train is approaching 2shot GT once that goes red then the GT 1 shot will clear from red to yellow or from red to yellow to green(swiftly) while the illuminated disappears.If that can happen that would be greatly appreciated.

Simply go into the config and change the numbers for what lights appear for each indication.

Besides, the scenario described above will utilize a custom script and triggers built into the signal--my friend has a ton of other projects going on right now, so the finished versions of the time signals will have to wait. Until then, the timer signals will stay as they are--unless someone wants to use Auran's triggers and figure something out. It will be well worth the wait when the updated signals are released.

What's on your mind?

Well now that I can't edit it, I was putting the signals on my route to show some screenshots, but I took too long and the edit button I now see has disappeared. ;)

Aw, that sucks. Well, your screenshots are always welcome---they will help when I start tweaking the signals--I'm always looking for new ways to improve them.

Also, in the config file "0" is the stop state, "4" is caution and "8" is proceed. Simply change the numbers under "4" to match "8" and the signal should go from red/illuminated to green. I'm no good at triggers ;) so I'll have to mess around with them later and see if I can get something to work.

Hey I was reading some stuff on the Trainz Forums and one thread got at me so I decided to read it and found out something about a trigger will keep a signal at "Danger" state until that train hits the triggers location which will clear the signal.Once I find it I'll let you know to see what can be done.

Archived