Schedule weirdness.

metsfan

Just thought, since i found an interesting timetable option that people could post (NJT) (including metronorth lines) schedule options that take a really, really long time, or leave at an ok hour but then get to the destination at some strange time.

My first find that i may indeed be using this summer:

A trip to a hotel in belmar the night before 4th of july.

njtsched.jpg

- Andy

NJT always seems to work out with strange times, at times to try to make connections (not always the best anyway). But the time is so late so it would be strange. I don't find anything weird.

Well, the :nec: has a large gap overnight when there is no service. This gap is even greater on the weekends. There is no such gap between weekdays on the :njc:. The weirdness that i found is the fact that because the next day is july 4, i'd have to wait 2 hours instead of 45 minutes for a train back to newark from belmar if i suddenly had to go home. Also, the next day after that, the 5th, is a saturday, which means going home there will be fewer trains on both lines. One of the few 3 day weekends (NJT) has per year. It will affect my journey only on the :njc: going to belmar, and on both the way home. It'll be like a weekend on the :njc: but a weekday on the :nec:. B)

- Andy

Hello,

NJ Transit North Jersey Coast Line Trains are operated as and are known as South Amboy Local trains. These trains either terminate at Aberdeen-Matawan or South Amboy and originate at New York Penn Station and make all the :nec: local stops and will stop at the NJCL stations. Most notably Avenel NJ which is a section of Woodbridge Twp.

Maybe that was one of the schedules you had seen.

Eric

Hello,

NJ Transit North Jersey Coast Line Trains are operated as and are known as South Amboy Local trains. These trains either terminate at Aberdeen-Matawan or South Amboy and originate at New York Penn Station and make all the :nec: local stops and will stop at the NJCL stations. Most notably Avenel NJ which is a section of Woodbridge Twp.

Maybe that was one of the schedules you had seen.

Eric

Well, i'd transfer at either newark or rahway to long branch. Then get off there and transfer on the train to bay head getting off at belmar. I've seen those too, the :nec: has something similar called the jersey ave local. Stops at jersey ave in time to catch the next local to trenton. The weirdness is the length of time it takes to get to belmar coupled with the 3 day weekend. It should be interesting if i end up going. Will totally get video if i do. I do not believe there are any more 3 day weekends in a row for (NJT) this year.

- Andy

Archived