Woman claims TSA officers made 95-year-old mother suffering leukemia remove her diaper

R68 Subway Car

Despite the 'threats' of old people and children being used as potential ways of hiding weapons, I still draw the line on the 'random' frisking of such groups. There's a certain line that should not be crossed and that is that.

Hell, for elderly people in wheel chairs, it should be the chair that gets inspected, not the person.

And, I, for one, agree with you, Grand Concourse, on the moral side of things. However, as in my post, the US cannot draw lines to where only specific people will get searched. Again, these guys can exploit this flaw and use it against us. Now, the other alternative is high-tech scanners, which can map out a 4D image of the woman to check her "that way", instead of physically.

But of course that's just a random thoughts via Inception..

BTW, who's to say the chair didn't get searched too?

Common sense! What threat does a 95-year old frail woman pose? This is not about profiling, but common sense.

You're clearly not seeing the 'exploits' in the scenario.

Morally wrong, yes - I agree. Now explain this - when those as*holes decide to 'use' / abuse this, then some of you guys will try to hang TSA for not doing their job.

What say you?

Edit: I want to make it clear that I'm not arguing the fact this is too much intrusion, but merely stating that this CAN happen as a physical threat, in any form.

Thank you! Hell, this is the same TSA that let some guy use an expired boarding pass. They are totally incompetent.

I.D. was sufficient and such? No threat? Why not. Or am I missing something here?

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/national_world&id=8223124

Agents said Noibi admitted he did not pay for the flight. He didn't have a passport, and his only identification was a University of Michigan ID. His Illinois driver's license has been suspended since 2009 for not paying traffic fines, and lists his residence in suburban Chicago where he also has an office.

Archived