Woman claims TSA officers made 95-year-old mother suffering leukemia remove her diaper

R68 Subway Car

A Florida woman claims a TSA officer forced her wheelchair-bound, 95-year-old mother battling leukemia to strip her off diaper for a pat down.

Jean Weber said the horrific incident occurred last weekend at the Northwest Florida Regional Airport, the Northwest Florida Daily News reported.

"It's something I couldn't imagine happening on American soil," she told the newspaper.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/06/26/2011-06-26_woman_claims_tsa_officers_made_95yearold_mother_suffering_leukemia_remove_her_di.html#ixzz1QU7D3zg2

post-46-133288582609_thumb.jpg

post-46-133288582609_thumb.jpg

They have at NYP and 30th Street...

I went to NYP a few times and I don't see TSA. Besides, if TSA is there, then they are doing "basic search" not "premium" which does body checks, pat downs, etc..

This is so far what i find for TSA and the Railroad:

http://firechief.com/hazmat/ar/tsa-identifies-rail-vulnerabilities-20110623/

Anything for Amtrak planning to screens?

I'm not saying what those officers did was right, but you guys haven't looked on the other side's perspective:

If the US stops searching old or sick people, it is going to be a matter of time before terrorists start sending their 90 year old grandmas to carry suicide bombs. They can easily use people who are excluded from searching as weapons

I'm not saying what those officers did was right, but you guys haven't looked on the other side's perspective:

If the US stops searching old or sick people, it is going to be a matter of time before terrorists start sending their 90 year old grandmas to carry suicide bombs. They can easily use people who are excluded from searching as weapons

What the US reallt needs to do is to use facial (not racial) profiling, where you train agents to look for the telltale facial signs that someone is up to no good. That is much more effective than the garbage techniques they use now. But of course, that would require the TSA to do something right for once (and would force them to hire people with IQ's above 7)

Thats not the case. They train cops to be ******** and look for signs of trouble, if they did the same with the TSA then you wouldnt be hearing of crap like this. All they need is random searches and if you set off the detector then you need futher searching which is how it should be.

If a terrorist really wants to they could get a bunch of suicide bombers to walk right into being searched and bam. I mean seriously searching everyone is a waste of time, I understand they have a job to do, but this aint the way to do it.

In this case, in everyone's thought, this looks morally wrong. But, then, ask yourself this one question - what if that specific elderly person had something potentially dangerous on her, meaning she's really a terrorists (which we all know she's not), and TSA overlooked the issue, then you guys would be blaming security as a joke, right? I can people blaming the Obama Administration for not taking the proper precautions to do this, that, and the third, when, clearly.. TSA is doing their job. And the officers there, I don't think they have the slightest fun doing the deed of searching this woman.

It's not easy stepping through airport security these days, but with the heighten security alerts, what do you expect? It's Homeland Security.

If you're not comfortable traveling by air anymore, you know there's alternatives, e.g. Amtrak; and bus service.

Let's step outside the box and think rationally for a second before taking shots.

Archived