A feq questions on riding the subway?

nyctransit

Although, I am a native here , I've never taken the train in the late night.

so how is it betweeen 10 PM-11PM? I would need to sit in the 2 train at Flatbush avenue-Brooklyn College between 10:00 to 10:30 PM and then transfer to the 7 at Times Square ot transfer at atlantic avenue or Franklin avenue for the N/Q and then the 7.

I'm not too concerned about the 7, but how is the 2 and the N/Q trains at that time of the day(week day)?

I always found the tations between atlantic aVenue and flastbush avenue(there are 4-5 stations in between) a little sketchy. So anyone knows how they are at night? or could I possibly use some other route?

There's generally less riders in the subway around that time-frame, unless you're riding around the Central Business District (59 Street-Lower Manhattan). Yes I have ridden the (2) from Brooklyn College at night before so hopefully I'll give you some answers.

Now to answer your specific questions.

(2) trains run every 10 minutes around that time.

(N)(Q) run every 10 minutes also around that time frame.

The trains don't have too many people in them, I'd say an average of at least four other passengers would be riding the same car you're in. If you're concerned about safety, I suggest riding in the middle car where the train conductor is or the train operator in the first car.

Matt answered it partly i pick up there.

so how is it betweeen 10 PM-11PM? I would need to sit in the 2 train at Flatbush avenue-Brooklyn College between 10:00 to 10:30 PM and then transfer to the 7 at Times Square ot transfer at atlantic avenue or Franklin avenue for the N/Q and then the 7.

I'm not too concerned about the 7, but how is the 2 and the N/Q trains at that time of the day(week day)?

I always found the tations between atlantic aVenue and flastbush avenue(there are 4-5 stations in between) a little sketchy. So anyone knows how they are at night? or could I possibly use some other route?

On the (7) they run every 6-10 minutes weekday evenings. The (7) Flushing express ends at around 10pm(last train leaving Times Sq for Queens).

From Brooklyn College at that time of night, there quiet a number of 'diverse" student now traveling all over the city during the 'regular' fall and spring semsters. The only option which is out of the way if you live in Queens is taking the (Q35) to the Rockaways and the (Q53)back to middle of Queens.

The (2) line in Brooklyn in last decade has become more 'gentrfied' especially between Downtown Brooklyn-Franklin Ave. Still the majority of (2)riders on the section between Flatbush-Brooklyn College and Franklin are Afro-Carribeans and a few Hasic Jewish people.

A family friend who lives in East Flatbush near the Flatbush/Brooklyn College stop that fixes my computer is a regular user. I use it sometimes and nothing has happened to me.

Or another option to avoid going through Manhattan is taking the (2) to Atlantic and then the LIRR to Jamaica. Again kid(nyctransit) don't be afraid as long you go with your normal business you should ok.

are you with a companion?

if so, just walk up to flatbush & glenwood and take the bus (B6 or the 11, your choice) to the (Q) at Avenue J & ride that out all the way to Times square....

you don't want to deal w/ the (2) past the PM rush, I don't care what direction it is... it runs like crap....

are you with a companion?

if so, just walk up to flatbush & glenwood and take the bus (B6 or the 11, your choice) to the (Q) at Avenue J & ride that out all the way to Times square....

you don't want to deal w/ the (2) past the PM rush, I don't care what direction it is... it runs like crap....

poster is a female rider from Queens in her 'mid-20's.'

shortlinebus,

I just looked up the bus map,the bus option might be quite a detour for me. I think I might have to stick to the train.

B35,

well, not sure if i"ll have a companion. is that portion around glenwood and flatbush safe? and what about the walk from the college to the bus stop?

also , do you mean to say the Q is a safer option as compared to the 2?

I've take the 2 and the 5 many many times but never past 7 pm in either direction. So that is kind of intimidating to me.

Archived