Extra train service on the Montauk Branch

The TransitMan

These trains are ONLY offered on Sunday evenings and they begin at Speonk and make stops at Mastic-Shirley, Patchogue and Sayville then Babylon. NONE of these trains go to Jamaica.

The reason is the original trains (3:35, 5:35 and 7:34) from Montauk due in Jamaica gets VERY crowded and VERY late by the time they get to Speonk and then REAL late entering Jamaica.

Just F.Y.I.

they already have locals from Patchogue that come 10 minutes after those trains from Montauk, and do all the stops till Babylon and connect to Babylon trains while the trains from Montauk run express from Patchoge to Jamaica, so im not sure whats going on here.

they already have locals from Patchogue that come 10 minutes after those trains from Montauk, and do all the stops till Babylon and connect to Babylon trains while the trains from Montauk run express from Patchoge to Jamaica, so im not sure whats going on here.

I know that. I said this train starts from SPEONK and one of the trains would assist the 1:23 from Montauk. Which I just figured out that I wasted this thread.

Ok, the 1:23 from Montauk makes stops to Patchogue and then express to Jamaica as we all know. The announcement was that there's a 2:42 from SPEONK, which will end at Babylon to connect with a Babylon train to Penn Station. The reason for that is because the train gets soooo packed going through "The Hamptons". East Hampton, Bridgehampton and Southampton are your conjested stations on a summer Sunday afternoon.

The 1:23 normally runs from Montauk to Patchogue and then Jamaica but since the train is packed, that train runs express to Jamaica from Speonk and then a train from the yard at Speonk will takeover to as far as Babylon.

That shows you just how packed these trains get. That was the purpose of this post. Sorry for the confusion "lilbluefoxie". Pretty cool!

Thanks for info. It would be nice, if 'sister' railroad, Metro North could do this as well especially on the New Haven and growing Hudson lines. Besides as i stated in a previous post, the (MTA) since like yesterday increasing 'super express' service on the Hudson between Poughkeepsie and Grand Central, *cough* for example, a new Saturday only 'express' leaving Poughkeepsie at 12 Noon and leaving GCT at 930pm would be nice.

Back to topic. If the Montauk line had 2-tracks the entire length, there is enough demand to run the Montauk line during the summe,r at least every 90 minutes-2 hours 24/7 right now.:eek:

I know that. I said this train starts from SPEONK and one of the trains would assist the 1:23 from Montauk. Which I just figured out that I wasted this thread.

Ok, the 1:23 from Montauk makes stops to Patchogue and then express to Jamaica as we all know. The announcement was that there's a 2:42 from SPEONK, which will end at Babylon to connect with a Babylon train to Penn Station. The reason for that is because the train gets soooo packed going through "The Hamptons". East Hampton, Bridgehampton and Southampton are your conjested stations on a summer Sunday afternoon.

The 1:23 normally runs from Montauk to Patchogue and then Jamaica but since the train is packed, that train runs express to Jamaica from Speonk and then a train from the yard at Speonk will takeover to as far as Babylon.

That shows you just how packed these trains get. That was the purpose of this post. Sorry for the confusion "lilbluefoxie". Pretty cool!

Archived