Why S89 is illegal

UlmerPark B6

I decided to do some researching. This is what i found

-It was originally owned by Red n Tan 144.

WHY IS THE S89 ILLEGAL?

Sec. 5323. General provisions on assistance

(A) Interests in Property.--

(1) In general.--Financial assistance provided under this

chapter to a State or a local governmental authority may be used to

acquire an interest in, or to buy property of, a private company

engaged in public transportation, for a capital project for property

acquired from a private company engaged in public transportation

after July 9, 1964, or to operate a public transportation facility

or equipment in competition with, or in addition to, transportation

service provided by an existing public transportation company, only

if--

(A) the Secretary determines that such financial assistance

is essential to a program of projects required under sections

5303, 5304, and 5306;

(;) the Secretary determines that the program provides for

the participation of private companies engaged in public

transportation to the maximum extent feasible; and

(C) just compensation under State or local law will be paid

to the company for its franchise or property.

In English, it is illegal to collapse private bus lines without compensation. This is why the S89 is illegal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

(MTA) S89 Sucks

sorry for the subway letters in it

Research heh? I could've sworn this was a thread on BusChat......

Made by Joel Azuma???? I'm surprised by this law, and it would seem to make one a monopoly. But then again, the MTA is that here. Only reason I can see about the S89 being illegal, is that it is a MTA (NYS)bus route, picking up passengers in the state of N.J... I could see if the S89 was pickup, in STI, and drop off only in N.J., then NJT had a route, to pickup in N.J. and drop off in STI. But both states and the Port Authority (who represents both states) agreed to this service, so not to much can be done.

Made by Joel Azuma???? I'm surprised by this law, and it would seem to make one a monopoly. But then again, the MTA is that here. Only reason I can see about the S89 being illegal, is that it is a MTA (NYS)bus route, picking up passengers in the state of N.J... I could see if the S89 was pickup, in STI, and drop off only in N.J., then NJT had a route, to pickup in N.J. and drop off in STI. But both states and the Port Authority (who represents both states) agreed to this service, so not to much can be done.

Exactly. The MTA did this to put Joel out. The people didn't like how he was running the 144 service and they wanted something to be done about it. The MTA starting the S89 was their solution sort of.

Joel doesn't have much of a chance against the MTA anyway even though he think he does.

Exactly. The MTA did this to put Joel out. The people didn't like how he was running the 144 service and they wanted something to be done about it. The MTA starting the S89 was their solution sort of.

Joel doesn't have much of a chance against the MTA anyway even though he think he does.

If he wanted to compete, it's called providing service the people want, and having enough equipment to cover it. I know he doesn't run the buses. He is just the owner of the line, who hire out other companies to do it. He gets paid for the route, and pays the companies, whatever the agree to to run it......

Archived