North American Bus Industries

East New York

What Should NABI Do?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What Should NABI Do?

• Current Offering
    • Updated Offering
    • Should not offer for BTE

I apologize, it's not the wheelbase, but rather the rear axle limit load weight. At this time, it doesn't look like it would be a problem for the TA, and may even be comparable to the 42.5 foot RTS.

From what I was told, the 40LFW is out of the question. NABI had been playing around with the idea, but I don't think they will offer the bus to MTA.

As far as the Compo, that is my favorite NABI product. Durable, reliable, and extremely economical. It's actually more fuel efficient than the Xcelsior too.

So who will keep New Flyer honest in the CNG business down the road ? Gillig's CNG is an abomination, shame, because the DART 40LFW CNG is a mean looking specimen, whether it could survive our wonderful roads, that is another question. I DO know that the Metro45C could, and would be a productive, efficient unit.

So who will keep New Flyer honest in the CNG business down the road ? Gillig's CNG is an abomination, shame, because the DART 40LFW CNG is a mean looking specimen, whether it could survive our wonderful roads, that is another question. I DO know that the Metro45C could, and would be a productive, efficient unit.

Give Nova Bus a year or so and they should be in the CNG business. There was a post in the Nova Bus news section of the forum about a multi million dollar expansion at their NY facility for CNG.

The 45C would do great in New York. CTA had nothing but good things to say when they had the bus that one winter, and LA spoke when they just ordered another 150.

All Gillig buses are trash. The BRT's are slightly better, but all the maintenance records, as well as Altoona records I have reviewed are all less than stellar.

MTS is likely going to leave the standard CNG arena to Nova and New Flyer, and go for the CNG-Electric hybrid oportunities in California. The technology is 40% more fuel efficient than standard CNG.

Give Nova Bus a year or so and they should be in the CNG business. There was a post in the Nova Bus news section of the forum about a multi million dollar expansion at their NY facility for CNG.

It's a good oportunity for them to expand in the US. Will they offer the artic in a CNG version as well?

It's a good oportunity for them to expand in the US. Will they offer the artic in a CNG version as well?

I have not heard about offering CNG in the artic version, but am sure just like they did with HEV it will happen just may take some more time. This make two new product lines they are working on. Fully Electric and CNG.

Archived