when was last time mnrr hired car appearance maintainerss?

ac1962

Just like any other position with the company, there's a procedure. The company will advertise on the website that they are accepting applicators for the position. Resumes must be submitted electronically. They will then conduct test sessions for the position, then background check, etc.

One the test is administered there is no formal list as there would be in civil service. To be more accurate your name is placed in a pool with the other candidates. Those with favorable resumes and pass the written test and background will "float" to the top of the pool. Those that don't will not be picked.

My recommendation is to systematically visit the employment section of mta.info | Home Page. Follow the links to get to the Metro North postings. I would check the site once a week as the job postings are constantly changing.

Thanks truckie, applied for lirr car appearance maintainer and had interview on 12/8, background check is next, i wanted to apply also to mnrr, when they post for car appearance maintainer. Will watch for post and let forum people know also, postings are quick, there 1 day and gone the next!

• 1 year later...

i applied for car appearance maintainer on nov/2012 and they called me about 2-3 weeks after applying

my interview is in jan 2013 wish everyone that applied all the best

Congrats on your first step.Good Luck with your interview. It's not a hard job just a tedious job. Come on time ,follow instructions,work safely I stress that the most its no game working in the yards , do your work and you should have no problem. Keep your nose clean for a year and after that your career choice is yours to follow in the RR.

i applied for car appearance maintainer on nov/2012 and they called me about 2-3 weeks after applying

my interview is in jan 2013 wish everyone that applied all the best

Did you get an interview with LIRR as I saw in other threads or MNRR in which this thread is (over a year old)?

Never the less good luck!

Archived