Riders sue MTA a year after their nightmare on the A train.

Abba

3 hours, HA HA i was stuck on 117st and Metro on the Q54 for over 18 hours. My bus was the only one that had heat on it (RTS) and i had about 4 other drivers on my bus. I did a year in Iraq sitting in a snow storm was not a problem. I was very lucky that we had a little supermarket that was open so when we need the restroom or food it was right out side the bus. The only down side was i got really sick and was out for 5 days. My body did not like the dirty environment and the cold. One more thing it never enter my mind that i was going to sue the MTA for what happen. I know as a civil servant that the people come first then us workers. to bad the MTA as whole don't see it like that, if they did they would have never forgot about the A train.

i was on the Q67 right at the bottom of that steep hill it goes up (can't remember the name of that street, i think its 54 Av)

I walked all the way home to Glendale (that's where I was living at that time)

Overall, the (MTA was never at fault for the actions taken to promote security for its customers. It is the customers fault for taking mass transit. Simple reasons:

1. You are responsible for checking the weather report (granted the (MTA) should be responsible for keeping up).

2. The (MTA) should not be responsible for any food, restroom, and blankets. There is the need for first aid for medical.

Archived