everybody on nyc transit forums thank u once again

alialdagreat

I didnt see the depot yet was line training in grand ave depot. 100st depot told me I cant drive no artics until I got my cdl so saturday hopefully I could go over there

Your gonna love the Artics trust me!! They operate so smoothly...acceleration and braking is a piece of cake (but ofcourse always watch your speed and allow enough space to brake smoothly ...6 seconds would be Ideal but we're talking about NYC that's damn near impossible lol)...the mirrors are great....those New Flyer D60HF's are my favorite...it was my main reason for picking the Bx1/2 this coming pick.

Your gonna love the Artics trust me!! They operate so smoothly...acceleration and braking is a piece of cake (but ofcourse always watch your speed and allow enough space to brake smoothly ...6 seconds would be Ideal but we're talking about NYC that's damn near impossible lol)...the mirrors are great....those New Flyer D60HF's are my favorite...it was my main reason for picking the Bx1/2 this coming pick.

Try not to think of it in seconds. Your braking distance should be far enough from the vehicle ahead of you, especially depending on your speed. Just say you're boogying down such & such Avenue and there's vehicles ahead of you, make sure you know the braking power of your bus, and whether you have a fully loaded bus or not. The way you operate depends on the weight you have, so you may need to brake a lil earlier if you have a heavy load with bullshit brakes. It usually takes me 1 trip to get the feel of my bus (get comfortable).

Archived