Top Gear series 18 trailer

Kamen Rider

Yeah, I give TGUS some credit on some stuff - obviously using the US and more truck/suv type challenges, but nothing beats the original. TGUK 4 life!

I'm actually not that much in a hurry to see season 18 yet. I'm glad they're showing the season 3 eps now. Season 6, finally!, they are airing Wed-Thurs 8pm. After that there's still a few more eps from various seasons I still need to see. But I think after season 6, I'll have seen almost all seasons 4-17 eps.

I can't believe "joey" beat "Mr. Bean" for the fastest lap ever. I think a segment was missing, but did he bring up or talk about his Krakatoa 'sut'?

For what it's worth, season 3 of TGUS is on at 9pm on History (original, not H2) ch. From the info, they are going to do a big rig challenge. I'll reserve the criticism till after I watch it.

TGUK is now catered to the more expensive cars because they look cool, but that's why it's so fun to watch. Where else can you see cars like that in one tv show?

TGUS, if I had seen just that without the original version, maybe it'd be funnier. But you compare this season 3 1st episode to the UK version in season 12 and tell me they didn't lift that very idea from UK*. I'll give them one thing, the 4x4 truck challenges are original and pretty good like that Alaska episode of season 1.

*not that there's anything wrong with that

Fine, a few tweaks that made it different, but essentially the same.

As for the muscle car episode, I make an exception for this. These guys are Americans talking about American cars unlike the original trio as outsiders talking about US cars. I also liked the Mustang vs Pony express segment.

*I am not hating on the show, I just prefer something that I haven't seen done by "jezz, 'rich' and Jim".

Archived