MTA bus cleaner/helper

Jaycity

I just started 1/17 my union pick is this friday

does any one have any opinons on any of the depots

Universal information: if you are on probation ( which you definitely are), always pick the depot that is closest to where you live or the easiest to get to from where you live. If you are late a couple times while you are still on probation, it could be grounds for dismissal. After probation, pick a depot with a smaller amount of buses so you won't have to sweep as many per night (being that you don't have seniority you will probably end up sweeping buses). BTW welcome to the maintenance family. Believe me you made the right choice getting in on maintenance. It's easier to get in because we have a whole year to get a CDL vs. 7 - 10 days for drivers, its easier to move up because you don't have customers complaining about you, and its less stressful because you don't have customers to deal with...

+1 on staying close to home.. Not sure what choices they are giving you. But that's what I would do.

It's weird. They are making you pick this Friday. But we just started the pick this week. Cleaners & Helpers, at least in my depot don't pick until next week. So how are you going to pick b4 the others, when you will have the least seniority????? Just saying.. Are they going to make you go to a depot for one week, then while u r there you pick again and go somewhere else the week after??

Right now in my depot, the CMs are picking. Next Monday will be the helpers, then Tues/Wed the Cleaners.

Regardless, I should be on the consolidated list (OA) so I am going to try to get back into Brooklyn. If not, I might shoot for 100st b/c it is all Artics and I believe you only have to sweep like 30-40 Artics per night. If you get shorts, you have to do 63.

Good thing for you is you might get a spot on the fueling line which is cake.

Let us know what/where you get. Anything 10p-6a, 11:30p-7:30a, 12a-8a is gonna be the sweep. If they have a 10p-6a scrub, you will be on the sweep b/c it will also be as assigned..

His pick is not a system pick. It's only for the people in his class and its just to fill vacant spots for the time being. If the pick is done after he gets to his depot, he gets whatever is left over and his class pick pretty much means nothing.

• 2 months later...

Archived