Question about the control room @ the (Q) platform at Stillwell

Calvin

During the rush hour when I was going home taking a manhattan bound (Q), a (Q) came but was sent to the yard.

-does the room announce that its going to the yard and do they also announce the last (Q) leaving to Ditmars Blvd?

also, how do c/r and t/o know if their train is going to the yard before terminating its final stop on rush hours? (ex.N or D train)

http://nycsubway.org/perl/show?130798 (the room i meant is the one left of 9112)

Also, no, the last (Q) to Ditmars isn't announced. If it's the train crew's regular job (or if the Timetable was glanced at) they'll know if the train is most likely a layup but a responsible, considerate Dispatcher reminds them via radio before they arrive and makes PA announcements because the crew can't be sure that the train won't be required for service in place of another train, for example.

The only place I can recall a last train being held and announced was at Broad Street when the southbound (M) was going to Bay Parkway–I just happened to be working the platform.

Archived