Random Thoughts Thread - Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE)

User

Posted (edited)

ARBOC units 2290-2297 are retired.

As a result, NICE will order 15 Paratransit units to replace the ARBOC fleet (Used for Elmont Flexi and other routes utilized for them). There is also another CNG order in progress to replace the 2012 3Gs. They will order 41 units.

The manufacturers have not yet been decided as bids are currently in the process

Edited by RSMG106

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RSMG106 said:

ARBOC units 2290-2297 are retired.

As a result, NICE will order 15 Paratransit units to replace the ARBOC fleet (Used for Elmont Flexi and other routes utilized for them). There is also another CNG order in progress to replace the 2012 3Gs. They will order 41 units.

The manufacturers have not yet been decided as bids are currently in the process

I hope they don’t order more Gillig’s. They are okay buses but I personally don’t like how stiff they ride especially when hitting bumps. It’s probably not the buses themselves but how they were spec’d. 

2 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I hope they don’t order more Gillig’s. They are okay buses but I personally don’t like how stiff they ride especially when hitting bumps. It’s probably not the buses themselves but how they were spec’d. 

I rode on their Gillig's once. There were okay. Either New Flyer or Gillig are the ones I'm predicting the order will be handed to.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, N6 Limited said:

Does anyone know why the Westbound n6 stop at Elmont Rd was moved west of the intersection? Was it so the n1 could help with Jamaica bound ridership on weekday mornings?

The stop was moved because buses were never able to pull into the stop because of the cars that would be parked in the stop. 

I had a chance to ride the n1 on its first day of service to UBS Arena and it definitely is a step in the right direction for this route. Its last stop is Locustwood Blvd and afterwards buses continue down Hempstead to 222nd street. It makes a right on 222nd street, then another right on 101st Ave and then a final right on 224th street before it makes a left back onto Hempstead Ave.

My only complaint is the n1’s first and last stop should be Hempstead Ave/ 225th street to have a proper connection with the Q2, Q110.