Fare and toll hikes are coming

BrooklynBus

Okay, I am fine with the currently tolled bridges and tunnels being raised to $7 bucks, however I am strongly opposed toward the East River Tolls and the Conjestions Pricing Tolls, what will literally happen is even if it is electronic tolling, it's going to kill the economy in Manhattan's "CBD", Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island. These tolls' effects are passed right on to the cash register in local businesses which us people by food, clothing and much more regulary. It's not about cars vs. public transit now, it's about other things that is not considered in the studies.

I fully agree with Sheepshead Bite's observations, this will just total the economy on Geographical Long Island which is already suffering from the recessions and got hit first and will recover last because of where it's situated, now this toll is another hit. I think these tolls should never be put in place and I would only agree with a revival of the commuter tax so the whole region pays it's fair share, not just the people who reside in hard hit Long Island, Queens and Brooklyn UNLESS if the Harlem River Crossings also get tolls so the East of Hudson and Bronx also pays a fair share.

Tolls aren't going to make much of a difference in the prices passed on to the consumer. I remember an article saying that the cost of produce would go up by something like a half a cent a pound. Keep in mind that congestion costs companies extra as well.

With inflation in sight, the tolls would be a big negative impact for Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Nassau and Suffolk...

Archived