B54 buses being rerouted in Downtown Brooklyn starting on April 8th

bknightshadow45

Starting on April 8th, B54 buses are being rerouted in Downtown Brooklyn. Currently Ridgewood bound buses would make stops along Fulton Mall providing access to straphangers easy access to the B54 bus that runs along Myrtle Avenue and key subway stops for the (2)(3)(4)(5)(B)(Q)® trains. Ever since B54 buses been running along Fulton Mall I noticed ridership increased for Ridgewood bound buses that they easily get SRO after the first two stops. On April 8th, B54 buses would no longer make stops on Fulton Mall that it got rerouted along Tillary Street that it can provide faster service along the route. The reroute of the B54 follows an old service pattern that the route had in Pre 9-11 days. I have mixed feelings of the reroute that people that live along Myrtle Avenue no longer have easy access to Fulton Mall and subway lines that include (2)(3)(4)(5)(B)(Q)® trains. Downtown Brooklyn bound B54 buses route is unchanged. Any thoughts or opinions of the B54 reroute?

http://www.mta.info/...Changes_B54.htm

I agree w/ the re-route; its stint along fulton mall wadn't the problem - it was its stint along flatbush av ext.

The B54 standing/terminating on Jay st was only temporary anyway....

Those folks seeking access to fulton mall will simply have to walk it out - just like they did before the banning of non-emergency vehicles on the metrotech roadway....

Archived