Las Palmas- Is it real

BM5 via Woodhaven

Las Palmas is an attractive destination. Located miles off the coast of Africa. There is an active volcano on the area, last erupting in 1971. The next time it erupts, all cities from Boston to New York, and all cities along the east coast are in danger of being destructed by a massive tsunami. Do you believe it?

Here's a link to what I'm talking about:

www.newsmedianews.com/tsunami.php

Comments Anyone. I'll find more links to it evantually. I know there are more links

Found another:

www.drgeorgepc.com/TsunamiMegaEvaluation.html

the problem with this website is the person who wrote that article has gotten his facts turned around.

The Cumbre Vieja volcano is on the island of La Palma.

Las Palmas is a city on the the island of Gran Canaria, which is on the other side of Tenerife from La Palma.

Now, just for comparision, the explosion of Krakatoa in 1883 sent a 41m high tusnami into a town on Java called Merak, 42 miles to the east north east.

the Krakatoa explosion was 4 times greater than the russian "Tsar Bomba" H-bomb, basicly the largest man-made explosion in human history.

now, La Palma and New York are about 3,000 miles apart. If the largest explosion known to man can only produce a 41m high tsunami 40 miles away, what does that say about the possibilityes of a 600m high one 3,000 miles away? the highest ever recorded is 540m, but that was at pointblank range in an Alaskan fjord.

it doesn't need to be 600 meters to be destructive, if this even took place, 50 meters is more likely hiting New York. that's still 164 feet high, but, tsunamis still need to obey the laws of physics.

the 2004 tusmani went a good 2-3km inland, and was around 30m high in Indonisia. For the record, my house is 15km inland from the rockaways, and 34m above sea level.

Archived