Cops Seek Man Who Is Robbing Metro-North Commuters

Shortline Bus

"Police in Westchester County are searching for an armed robber who targets commuters.

Three people have been robbed at gunpoint as they left the Metro-North station in Pelham, and police believe the same guy is behind all of them.

The most recent robbery happened on March 31st, and the two others took place in January.

Cops said the suspect followed his victims as they left the train station and then threatened them with a semi-automatic handgun.

He then ordered them to the ground and took their cell phones, computers and cash.

Similar robberies have also happened to other commuters along the New Haven line, in Harrison and Mamaroneck. Police said they believe all of the robberies are connected.

In an email alert this week, Pelham officials told commuters to walk in groups and to be alert of what's going on around them.

Police said the suspect has been described as a black man, about 5'10" to 6 feet tall and about 175 pounds.

They're asking anyone with information to call 866-313-TIPS (8477)."

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-metro-north-robber-040512,0,7999963.story

Ugh... Have to be so careful these days... The problem with those Metro-North stations is that they can be isolated. That's why I prefer taking the express bus since the stops near me are on main avenues and there are always people around, so there's less of a chance of something happening.

Ugh... Have to be so careful these days... The problem with those Metro-North stations is that they can be isolated. That's why I prefer taking the express bus since the stops near me are on main avenues and there are always people around, so there's less of a chance of something happening.

Man VG8 robbery/crime can occur everywhere. What a dumb statement :angry:. I heard of robberies on Bronx Express bus lines in the 1980's/'90's so be aware of what you said. When was the last time you ever criticized the NYC express bus? Besides the robberies occured on the New Haven(CT) line not all of the MNRR lines including the Hudson.

That statement above is further proof the express bus is what a blanket is to Luis of Peanuts fame you can't live without it.

Well Westchester, CT and counties further upstate don't have express buses do they?

EDIT: Forgot the BxM4C, but that's just ONE route. Sure that travels along Central Ave., but as Shortline Bus said, robberies can occur anywhere.

Man VG8 robbery/crime can occur everywhere. What a dumb statement :angry:. I heard of robberies on Bronx Express bus lines in the 1980's/'90's so be aware of what you said. When was the last time you ever criticized the NYC express bus? Besides the robberies occured on the New Haven(CT) line not all of the MNRR lines including the Hudson.

That statement above is further proof the express bus is what a blanket is to Luis of Peanuts fame you can't live without it.

There is nothing dumb about the statement at all. What I said was that where I get off at has more people out and about, as opposed to the MetroNorth stops in my area which are more isolated. Common sense says that crime can occur anywhere, BUT if you are somewhere where more folks are out and about and the area is generally safe, a crime like this is less likely to happen simply because there are more witnesses around should something happen and thieves don't like to have witnesses around unless they crave attention and are extremely bold and get off making bold robberies to fill their ego. That doesn't mean that the crime won't occur, just that it would be less likely. Unfortunately you took the comment and ran with it instead of reading the whole post. The point WASN'T to compare the express bus to MetroNorth. It was to point out a scenario in which one stop is less isolated than the other, period. Nothing more nothing less.

Well Westchester, CT and counties further upstate don't have express buses do they?

EDIT: Forgot the BxM4C, but that's just ONE route. Sure that travels along Central Ave., but as Shortline Bus said, robberies can occur anywhere.

You like Shortline are missing the point.... :rolleyes:

There is nothing dumb about the statement at all. What I said was that where I get off at has more people out and about, as opposed to the MetroNorth stops in my area which are more isolated. Common sense says that crime can occur anywhere, BUT if you are somewhere where more folks are out and about and the area is generally safe, a crime like this is less likely to happen simply because there are more witnesses around should something happen and thieves don't like to have witnesses around unless they crave attention and are extremely bold and get off making bold robberies to fill their ego. That doesn't mean that the crime won't occur, just that it would be less likely. Unfortunately you took the comment and ran with it instead of reading the whole post. The point WASN'T to compare the express bus to MetroNorth. It was to point out a scenario in which one stop is less isolated than the other, period. Nothing more nothing less.

You like Shortline are missing the point.... :rolleyes:

Lets see. Some of the express bus stops in the outerboro i.e Tottenville, Eastern Queens, etc. can be as isolated or more than Metro North or LIRR stations. I did read your comments VG8 and still don't agree. Subway crime happens at crowded stations and trains so that point still does not make sense.

Archived