NYCT Riders Council

East New York

How about this (if people complain about completely losing Fordham Road service)

Rush hours: Fordham Road - 242 St

Middays/evenings/weekends: 206 St (D) - 242 St

Late nights: Woodlawn (4) - 242 St

Ideally that would the best plan for the BX34. However my idea is to have the BX34 run 24/7. So IMO something had to give up. Plus the BX34 riders can transfer to either the BX28 or the (D) for Fordham Rd service.

I can only speak for the B46, but that line generally does need LFSAs along with off-board fare payment for the LTD stops. That, alone, will speed up service along Utica Avenue/Malcolm X Blvd; the dwell times at major stops such as Eastern Parkway, Fulton Street, Church Avenue & 'sometimes' Avenue H can hold buses behind schedule when they can just load via all doors and go.

However, the only error with my proposal is between Dekalb Avenue & the Willy B. terminal along Broadway. Until traffic flow is improved along the corridor, then the B46s are stuck with its current routing w/ short-turns at Dekalb.

DOT has a little something on Broadway: http://www.nyc.gov/h....shtml#broadway

If they were to ban parking along the corridor, say between Lorimer Street & Myrtle Avenue, we can see significant movement, IMO

This would open new opportunities for folks to open parking garages in the area.

Archived