Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
cmwals01

Asst Conductor

Hey Guys

I have a test on the 24th for signals and definitions. Any study tips?

Also anyone here was in the overview on the 25th of Aug?

Everything you need to know is in your rules and regulations book. I find studying the signals with flash cards quite helpful. Just dedicate yourself at least 3 to four times a week or however you can to get comfortable with it. I know its a lot to study I'm studying now but not for that test. Good Luck!

Sorry to metamod, but this would go in the Transit Career forum which is near the chatbox... good luck, anyway. I stop by LIRR stations a lot on commutes home and keep seeing the signals... anyway, good luck. If you're still stumped, plenty of railfan sites have PRR signal definitions if you want to look elsewhere.

Sorry to metamod, but this would go in the Transit Career forum which is near the chatbox... good luck, anyway. I stop by LIRR stations a lot on commutes home and keep seeing the signals... anyway, good luck. If you're still stumped, plenty of railfan sites have PRR signal definitions if you want to look elsewhere.

Nah shouldn't have to do that , they give you package on what to study and what is going to be on the test. There are 55 different types of signals with the definition with them plus the rules as well. They don't send you in blindly ,its up to you to cover it and memorize it.

Nah shouldn't have to do that , they give you package on what to study and what is going to be on the test. There are 55 different types of signals with the definition with them plus the rules as well. They don't send you in blindly ,its up to you to cover it and memorize it.

Fifty-five and the rules? I rode the LIRR back in 2010 (started up again last week) and I remember seeing an off-duty C/R studying this book... I thought the (MTA) got rid of all the positions they didn't use (as evidenced by all the signals with missing hoods and a lighter shade of metal blocking where a bulb was)... unless the Amtrak signals are included as well.

Fifty-five and the rules? I rode the LIRR back in 2010 (started up again last week) and I remember seeing an off-duty C/R studying this book... I thought the (MTA) got rid of all the positions they didn't use (as evidenced by all the signals with missing hoods and a lighter shade of metal blocking where a bulb was)... unless the Amtrak signals are included as well.

Yep you got it. Amtrak territory around Harold interlocking.

LIRR has to know NORAC (well not completely, but mostly). A new rulebook went into effect yesterday...

I didn't do well on the LIRR one for Block Operator, so I stayed over in subways. Guess it wasn't in the cards. MNR is a possibility I was called for conductor over there.