the train restrooms

NovaLFSSeeker

I see nothing disgusting here.

There is a tank at each car where the toilets are located. Someone uses the restroom, the waste goes into a temporary tank, below the train. When the train hits a Terminal, I believe a pipe is placed on to the Restroom Car's Tank and all the waste heads into the sewage. Water is usually refilled, unless they don't use 100% water, but chemicals mixed inside, to reduce the smell and bacteria.

As extra.. For water at the sink, thats recycled water. Its cleaned with SOME chemicals, but then reused for cleaning your hands. I wouldn't drink the water of course, since its not 100% clean. Not sure if there are Rail systems that doesn't recycle water, but uses fresh water.

Heres some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_train_toilet

They get emptied when the train crew suspects fare beaters. The M8's are especially interesting as you can fit a whole family of illegals in them.

If there are no fare beaters then at the end of the run the restrooms get checked so no unsuspecting deadbeat gets taken into the train yard.

Oh, toilets..... :rolleyes:

That's different. In the train yards there are dump hoses that get hooked up to the waste tank to allow emptying. Then the water tank gets refilled at the same time.

Archived