NJTA Contract re-issue

Ken S.

Who should get the NJTA local bus order?  

1. 1. Who should get the NJTA local bus order?

• New Flyer (DE40LFR)
    • NABI (40-LFW Hybrid)
    • Millennium (RTS Extreme)

Due to severe problems encountered with the Orion VII NG demo bus, the North Jersey Transit Authority has decided to terminate the contract with Orion for an outstanding balance of 700 transit and suburban buses. My problem is which maker should get the order. The reawarded order would be for 450 transit buses. A new order would be put out for bids to build 350 OTR buses. These orders repalce the Flxible Metro-Bs and a ragtag fleet of worn out RTS buses as well as allowing for fleet expansion.

The poll will tell me if I can repaint an existing GIF (NFI) or if I have to draw a new design (NABI and MTS) on top of the Prevost GIFs that are in the works.

Due to severe problems encountered with the Orion VII NG demo bus, the North Jersey Transit Authority has decided to terminate the contract with Orion for an outstanding balance of 700 transit and suburban buses. My problem is which maker should get the order. The reawarded order would be for 450 transit buses. A new order would be put out for bids to build 350 OTR buses. These orders repalce the Flxible Metro-Bs and a ragtag fleet of worn out RTS buses as well as allowing for fleet expansion.

The poll will tell me if I can repaint an existing GIF (NFI) or if I have to draw a new design (NABI and MTS) on top of the Prevost GIFs that are in the works.

Huh? When were they ordered O7's.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived