Glenbrook Station to GCT

sonnyinmiami

Question here ... If I need to get to GCT by way of hopping onboard at Glenbrook Station (New Caanan Line) ... & of course transfer at Stamford Station ... there's no ticket machine at Glenbrook then, how do I pay? Onboard ? ... or conductors don't bother to check tickets since the next stop is Stamford. ?? Then purchase tickets at Stamford. ? Thanks in advance for you helpful responses ....

Question here ... If I need to get to GCT by way of hopping onboard at Glenbrook Station (New Caanan Line) ... & of course transfer at Stamford Station ... there's no ticket machine at Glenbrook then, how do I pay? Onboard ? ... or conductors don't bother to check tickets since the next stop is Stamford. ?? Then purchase tickets at Stamford. ? Thanks in advance for you helpful responses ....

Pay onboard for the fare to GCT, no surcharges. Glenbrook is a low ridership stop so they should be able to get everyone.

Truckie: are exception fares rounded up to the nearest dollar? I've heard both.

Truckie: are exception fares rounded up to the nearest dollar? I've heard both.

If you board the train at a station with no machine, we charge the station fare price on the train.  This along with senior and disabled tickets are the only ones that are not rounded up.

However, if you go unchecked as far as Stamford make sure to purchase the proper ticket there, onboard the connecting train you will be charged the full onboard price if you don't have a ticket.

And make sure to have cash. You can't pay by CC yet onboard. Also, transferring at Stamford doesn't have to be neccesary. It depends on when you're commuting because in there are a few rush hour trains that go straight to GCT.

Archived