LIRR alert seriously affecting this weekend's schedule.

metsfan

MTA Long Island Rail Road

Service Alert

12:40 AM Saturday, August 23 through 12:40 AM Monday, August 25

Hempstead, Huntington/Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma, and Oyster Bay Branch Customers:

This weekend, August 23 & 24, there will be no LIRR train service for 48 hours -- from 12:40 AM Saturday, August 23 through 12:40 AM Monday, August 25 -- between Mineola & Jamaica and Hempstead & Jamaica while the final phase of the work on the LIRR's major Queens Interlocking Switch & Signal Improvement Project is performed. This affects service on four LIRR branches -- Hempstead, Huntington/Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma and Oyster Bay. During this period, buses will replace trains between Mineola & Jamaica and Hempstead & Jamaica. Customers on the affected branches are advised to use LIRR train service at stations on unaffected branches -- Babylon, Montauk, Far Rockaway, Long Beach, Port Washington and West Hempstead.

Customers should pick up a copy of the special weekend timetables dated August 23-24 for the affected branches, as well as the Queens Interlocking Switch & Signals Improvements brochure for the weekend of August 23 & 24, which details replacement bus service for the two-day period, or see the "Service Advisories" on the LIRR's website.

Mets Fans/Arthur Ashe Day Attendees: To avoid busing on Friday, August 22 (after 11 PM), August 23 & 8/24, use the Port Washington Branch or south shore branches, including the Babylon, Far Rockaway, Long Beach, Montauk & West Hempstead Branches.

I dunno how many of you use LIRR, but this is a seriously hardcore service interruption. If you know anyone who relies on LIRR to get places this weekend tell them ASAP.

- Andy

Yeah, this is a very very crazy bustitution. I know lots are going to be covering it today, so I'll let it slide since I got things to do. Maybe tomorrow.
I'm going also, if you see a short dude with a bandana give em a holla! This will be fun, I can't wait. :(

Archived