Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
metsfan

LIRR alert seriously affecting this weekend's schedule.

MTA Long Island Rail Road

Service Alert

12:40 AM Saturday, August 23 through 12:40 AM Monday, August 25

Hempstead, Huntington/Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma, and Oyster Bay Branch Customers:

This weekend, August 23 & 24, there will be no LIRR train service for 48 hours -- from 12:40 AM Saturday, August 23 through 12:40 AM Monday, August 25 -- between Mineola & Jamaica and Hempstead & Jamaica while the final phase of the work on the LIRR's major Queens Interlocking Switch & Signal Improvement Project is performed. This affects service on four LIRR branches -- Hempstead, Huntington/Port Jefferson, Ronkonkoma and Oyster Bay. During this period, buses will replace trains between Mineola & Jamaica and Hempstead & Jamaica. Customers on the affected branches are advised to use LIRR train service at stations on unaffected branches -- Babylon, Montauk, Far Rockaway, Long Beach, Port Washington and West Hempstead.

Customers should pick up a copy of the special weekend timetables dated August 23-24 for the affected branches, as well as the Queens Interlocking Switch & Signals Improvements brochure for the weekend of August 23 & 24, which details replacement bus service for the two-day period, or see the "Service Advisories" on the LIRR's website.

Mets Fans/Arthur Ashe Day Attendees: To avoid busing on Friday, August 22 (after 11 PM), August 23 & 8/24, use the Port Washington Branch or south shore branches, including the Babylon, Far Rockaway, Long Beach, Montauk & West Hempstead Branches.

I dunno how many of you use LIRR, but this is a seriously hardcore service interruption. If you know anyone who relies on LIRR to get places this weekend tell them ASAP.

- Andy

Yeah, this is a very very crazy bustitution. I know lots are going to be covering it today, so I'll let it slide since I got things to do. Maybe tomorrow.

Yeah, this is a very very crazy bustitution. I know lots are going to be covering it today, so I'll let it slide since I got things to do. Maybe tomorrow.
I'm going also, if you see a short dude with a bandana give em a holla! This will be fun, I can't wait. :(