X99/DD4

peacemak3r

I'll jump when DDR4 speeds get even better. In particular, all my future builds have to support some form of ECC RAM. A bunch of new technologies are also coming out at around the same time, so I'll wait it out a bit longer for a Skylake system supporting PCI Express 4.0, Thunderbolt 3.0, and SATA Express. It'll be a bonus if the new motherboards come with USB 3.1.

Id say if the RAM installed can match the high speeds of the system buses on the motherboard, CPU of course then you will definitely be going places with your own PC builds in general. The thing is that will ther operating system (Win 8 etc) give problems with this new configuration? Hard to give an opinion on that one.

Maybe wait for Windows 9 as the OS is a key factor along with CenSins suggestions on hardware? The beta version should be out.

Is this the X99 FTW or the gaming variants?

Maybe wait for Windows 9 as the OS is a key factor along with CenSins suggestions on hardware? The beta version should be out.

I'm ready to buy as soon as the hardware comes out, Windows or not. I use Ubuntu, which hasn't given me compatibility problems with anything I install it on.

The only hiccup I have with X99 right now is that is that when you buy the motherboard, processor, and RAM, the total freaking comes out to a regular DDR3 build. I figure, if I ever did make the jump to it, I wouldn't have to ponder on upgrading for some time.

But the prices are ridiculous and let alone, didn't here the prices for 800 series nVidia cards yet either.

Archived