Which is better, Trainz or openBve?

Depends. openBVE is free, including downloads, such as routes and trains. Trainz is not free, I think addons are free. Correct me if I am wrong with that. I never play Trainz before but I do watch gameplays on youtube. I do currently play openBVE and I used to have problems downloading the routes but now its fine. Some of  the routes on openBVE are not available. Theres no (3)(4)(6) . For comparison, openBVE, other trains do not move at all, except 1 train that is on the same track as yours, which is ahead of you. Trains are less detail. The train sounds realistic. No passengers on trains in openBVE except on platform but they are just display to show.  For Trainz, from what I saw on the videos, all trains do move, trains are more detail and sounds are realistic. Passengers can be seen on the platform and on the train. I do enjoy playing openBVE.

I have been wondering if Trainz is better because of its graphics and routes or openBve because of the new train cars and the (A) line route.

The (A) line  download from bvestation.com for openBVE only goes from 207 st to Lefferts Blvd. No route for 207 st to Far Rockaway or Rockaway Park for that site yet. But on OpenBVEConnect.com, there is (A) route from 207 st to Howard-Beach JFK and (H) from Beach 90 st to Mott av- Far Rockaway.

Archived