CDL question...

msmcmillan

I'm sure the answer to this question is somewhere in the forum...I did do a search and I didn't really get a complete answer...

Okay, so I have a CDL B permit with P endorsement. However, I have K and A3 restrictions. Do I have to get a medical and get those restrictions removed before I start the training? I don't want to go to training just for them to tell me I can't start because of the restrictions. Also, if I do need a medical can I go back to MTA and have them fill out the medical certificate form? I should have asked all this when they hired me, but I just figured my permit was good enough...

I sincerely apologize if this question was already answered...

The A3 restriction should be OK, I have seen three posts here confirming this (which is enough for me - the TA does medical).

The K restriction is for Excepted Intrastate  Meaning when you filled out your application for the permit you checked this box.

You should change this to Excepted Interstate. This will remove the K restriction. Just pay $12.50 at DMV, out of sight out of mind.

What exam did you take (2613, 3101, 2301)  and for what agency (TA = Transit Authority, OA = MaBSTOA, BC = MTA Bus)?

Also what is your approximate list number? If you are 3999, please write 39XX.

I ask so we here at NYCTF can get a sense where HR is in the hiring process.

Thank you and Good Luck!

Thanks for clearing up the CDL business 161...I took the #2301 for BC...list number is 28xx. Going to Zerega on June 29. I was excited about training, but reading posts about how difficult it is, I'm very scared. Especially because I'm female it will be extra hard for me. Even though it's a great opportunity, I don't think I will make it:-(

Thanks for clearing up the CDL business 161...I took the #2301 for BC...list number is 28xx. Going to Zerega on June 29. I was excited about training, but reading posts about how difficult it is, I'm very scared. Especially because I'm female it will be extra hard for me. Even though it's a great opportunity, I don't think I will make it:-(

You're welcome. Thank you for sharing the list and approximate list number you are from.

Don't be nervous, I would highly recommend taking at least two CDL bus lessons at a driving school. It will help take the "edge" off a little bit and give you some confidence. I have seen a number of newer female B/O's lately, from what I read, they more or less treat everyone the same -  they just want you to operate the bus safely and the MTA way. Think positively and Good Luck!

Archived