Upcoming Conductor Exam Question(s)

mta8493

Hi. I'm new to this site but I have a question... 

The Conductor Exam is coming up in September. I'm 21 and I don't any job experience with the MTA, new to all this, and I read that I should get the Conductor book to study from, which I purchased but there are some things on the test book that I don't know.

Ex: It is the obligation of each employee to keep his department informed as to his correct name, address, and telephone number. Any changes of address MUST be reported within...

A. 24 Hours   B. 2 Days   C. 3 Days   D. 1 Week   (The answer was D)

How am I suppose to know certain questions without ANY prior knowledge?? So when the test comes in September I have to wing it and just guess?? Like it doesn't make nay sense to me.

Is there a book before the PASSBOOK I can study from because answering a question and getting the answer without an explanation as to why that answer is correct is not helping me at all! Is this the ONLY way to study from this Exam?? 

Please help. Thanks.

Nothing even close to that question was on the last conductor OC. You don't need prior knowledge of company policies for this exam.

So what type of questions should I expect on the exam?

• 3 weeks later...

Please refer to http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/47706-upcoming-conductor-and-train-operator-exams/ for more questions and answers about the upcoming Conductor (C/R) and Train Operator (T/O) examinations. In case you are unaware, one of the forums on this site is for Transit Employment Topics and Discussions. If you go to The Forums page, it can be found towards the bottom which anyone can view.

Also, the dates to apply for the exam are in September - the actual test date is still TBA. Some other members have said early 2016, however nothing is official until the Notice of Examination comes out.

If you are unsure or confused about what the "Notice of Examination" is - the old one for the Conductor position can be found at http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/200808094000.pdf.

Archived