September 2015 Bus Route and Schedule Changes

BM5 via Woodhaven

How did they add nine AM trips when the new schedule has only eight?

typo idk what i was typing probably some 

Also I was on the QM20 today and it has a route change it goes

via Northern blvd,

left onto 51st,

right onto 31ave,

left onto 68th st,

right onto Astoria Blvd, 

continues to expressway.

This is a pilot program for ONLY the QM20 and it is a test program till November.

typo idk what i was typing probably some 

Also I was on the QM20 today and it has a route change it goes

via Northern blvd,

left onto 51st,

right onto 31ave,

left onto 68th st,

right onto Astoria Blvd, 

continues to expressway.

This is a pilot program for ONLY the QM20 and it is a test program till November.

Thanks for clearing that up. So it's not a permanent route change like Mr.I-don't-have-to-prove-anything said. I knew he was wrong. Is there a low clearance on the GCP from Astoria to Northern that doesn't allow coaches to use it. Otherwise, northern to the BQE (merge to GCP) to Whitestone would be faster. Something like this could've also been done:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.7530303,-73.9108017/40.7712458,-73.8328333/@40.7651161,-73.8927974,17.

08z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

I know that buses aren't generally allowed on parkways, but I was wondering if a specific case could be made for the GCP in that area.

What is this pilot for anyway, and why the QM20 only?

Thanks for clearing that up. So it's not a permanent route change like Mr.I-don't-have-to-prove-anything said. I knew he was wrong. Is there a low clearance on the GCP from Astoria to Northern that doesn't allow coaches to use it. Otherwise, northern to the BQE (merge to GCP) to Whitestone would be faster. Something like this could've also been done:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.7530303,-73.9108017/40.7712458,-73.8328333/@40.7651161,-73.8927974,17.

08z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0

I know that buses aren't generally allowed on parkways, but I was wondering if a specific case could be made for the GCP in that area.

What is this pilot for anyway, and why the QM20 only?

MTA buses are allowed on some parts of parkways however only when there are no height restriction on the parkway or the vehicle can fit under all portions of the bridge throughout the whole route.

Idk why the pilot is only for the QM20 and not the QM2 (makes sense why not the QM3). But for one, the route is really windy. Second when I went it had absolutely no time benefit over going via Northern It might during rush hour tho. I do have a theory however, they probably want to compare the travel times between the QM2 and the QM20 since their stops before and after the nonstop portion is the same.

also please repost your link because it didn't give me your custom path 

Archived