KB bus on Bx40??

mark1447

Can anyone explain why a Kingsbridge [KB]* Artic Bus was found on the Bx40 this morning?

I rode it about 7:43AM going East Bound to West farms station then i notice the KB logo

Bus# 5474

*Newbies: KingsBridge (KB) Bus Depo serves- most of the Bronx Buses and the M100, located northern Manhattan in inwood around 210th Street near the (1) line. Owned by MaBSTOA

Can anyone explain why a Kingsbridge [KB]* Artic Bus was found on the Bx40 this morning?

I rode it about 7:43AM going East Bound to West farms station then i notice the KB logo

Bus# 5474

*Newbies: KingsBridge (KB) Bus Depo serves- most of the Bronx Buses and the M100, located northern Manhattan in inwood around 210th Street near the (1) line. Owned by MaBSTOA

Could have been a morning Tripper KB Does a Few on GH routes and visa-verse.

Could have been a morning Tripper KB Does a Few on GH routes and visa-verse.

i dunno if that was the Same Bx19 bus i spotted here:

S7300920.jpg

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5265

oh but it says 57 i think, of wf

and wat do u mean tripper/visa verse im not a bus guy much:o

train mainly

A tripper is basically when a depot has a run on a route that doesn't normally come from said depot. Example in the morning MHV has 2 runs on the M27/50 which are MJQ routes. In some cases trippers are school runs (they run to/from JHS and HS)

The pic of above isn't a tripper. 5716 was sent to West Farms at the end of June and they never changed the stickers.

Gun Hill does no trippers on any other depots routes (AFAIK), but KB and WF does do trippers on some GH routes, and WF does a Bx1 tripper for KB (afternoons, if they still do it). KB does for Gun Hill, Bx16, 28, 39, and it seems 40 now, along with the Bx12 (summer only). WF does a Bx40 for Gun Hill, sometimes with a CNG........

Archived